Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Alternative to the dumbed down TomTom GO app discussion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternative to the dumbed down TomTom GO app discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Alternative to the dumbed down TomTom GO app discussion Reply with quote

https://web.archive.org/web/20170915074845/https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/original-ios-app-end-of-life-in-september-1020761/index7.html/

This thread has been archived on Archive.org where you will be able to see what TomTom don't want you to see!

I notice the content and screenshots have already been removed from the TomTom forum thread - https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/original-ios-app-end-of-life-in-september-1020761/index7.html#post1187412

Compare and contrast!

Transferred from the TomTom forum, where it has been removed by TomTom's censors.

Would be good to start some discussion of what we can use to replace TomTom, now that they have killed it off and downgraded it to their dumbed down and useless TomTom GO app.
thewiccaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Alternative to the dumbed down TomTom GO app discussion Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170915074845/https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/original-ios-app-end-of-life-in-september-1020761/index7.html/

This thread has been archived on Archive.org where you will be able to see what TomTom don't want you to see!

I notice the content and screenshots have already been removed from the TomTom forum thread - https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/original-ios-app-end-of-life-in-september-1020761/index7.html#post1187412

Compare and contrast!

Transferred from the TomTom forum, where it has been removed by TomTom's censors.

Would be good to start some discussion of what we can use to replace TomTom, now that they have killed it off and downgraded it to their dumbed down and useless TomTom GO app.

My original post about Sygic as a TomTom alternative was removed by the censors @ the TomTom forum. Thanks to @adobbing I have signed up here and the 'missing' post is below however, I am having issues getting links & images into my post so you may need to rely on the archive.org link above. Sorry about that!

'Some of you may have seen my earlier posts about TomTom's suicidal decision to 'retire' the real TomTom App on iOS (replacing it with the laughable 'GO' version). I tried out free versions of alternatives and settled on Sygic for iPhone which so far is holding up well.

It doesn't have all the features of the real TomTom - a traffic bar at the side for example - but does provide traffic information, waypoints, POIs, etc. It is often on sale as well - I paid under £20 for it and that was for the Europe Lifetime with realtime traffic & cameras.

To be frank, I am more than happy with Sygic even with it not having exactly the features of the real TomTom app as I have saved myself £48 a year in traffic/camera subs as that is all included (NB: the Sygic camera database does need updating & Sygic have confirmed to me they are aware and will be doing so).

You can try it with all the premium features for 7 days before parting with your money as well!

As TomTom have clearly got no desire to support long time users - and their results seem to reflect this - Sygic is a good alternative choice.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom do not like criticism of any description, I've had numerous posts deleted from the TomTom GO Android Forum, criticise them or mention a competitor and they send a curt email whilst removing the offending post Shocked
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
TomTom do not like criticism of any description, I've had numerous posts deleted from the TomTom GO Android Forum, criticise them or mention a competitor and they send a curt email whilst removing the offending post Shocked

A lot of companies are like that, they only want users who will promote their products and remove posts they do not like or even ban users. This way their products always look good and potential customers are none the wiser.

The best place to get feedback is from reviews on the app stores or other review providers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: