Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Scouts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Scouts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cottonsocks
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange banner messages update Reply with quote

MikeGordon wrote:
Here we go with report back as requested. Drove from Devon via Dorchester and Bournemouth to London, lots of mobile camera warnings, far fewer fixed installations except for Bournemouth, where there is an infestation of them! Some dual carriageway in the west.
The PGPSW database warns of mobile cameras, banner comes out with details. Sometimes (say 70%), some few seconds later, a second banner appears saying " xxx mph. Speed camera warning" and a female voice utters the immortal words "Caution. Slow down". It does not happen anywhere as often on single-track roads. Not dependent upon actual speed.
Kremmen asked me to check my installation. The vast bulk of my data is on the intenal storage, the remainder is on the external card. There is 1 x GPX file, one GPI file (yours) and a few other POIs that have remained unchanged for months (NT, etc). Model is nuvi 2599.
Will try to get some answers from Garmin.
All the best
Mike
I had a similar problem with a female voice saying "caution - slowdown" on my Driveluxe 50 LMT-D but only when I enabled the separate overspeed warning in the CSV to GPX converter utility. It only occurred in a few places as well (one round the corner from where I live) and I was nowhere near the speed limit, having just turned left at a small roundabout (a possible explanation was that it was occurring because I was accelerating). Not sure if this is related to what you are getting or not.
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Confirmation Reply with quote

It was the Overspeed setting. I untitled the item and the messages stopped. I never received any response from Garmon whatsoever regarding Speed Scout. I just ignore the option, now I know where it is set.
Thanks, as ever, for everyone''s help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: