Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan Connect 2 - various questions, sorry !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan Connect 2 - various questions, sorry !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigelt999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect 2 - various questions, sorry ! Reply with quote

All,

For the first time i have used my pocketgpsworld subscription to update the speed cameras on my Nissan Connect 2 system and i wonder if i can ask some questions to you helpful knowledgeable people out there !

- the import from the memory stick worked fine and it now beeps in places it never used to which i'm assuming is due to the pocketgpsworld data including mobile cameras. I believe a message should be displayed saying what kind of camera has been detected but i dont see this, any ideas how to get this to show ?

- is a download available excluding mobile cameras ?

- can the pocketgpsworld download be deleted from the Nissan Connect system without removing the original Nissan speed camera file ? (I dont want to lose this !) I notice that when i go to remove MYPOI's it shows both the Nissan and Pocketgpsworld file.

Thanks for any help
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Connect Reply with quote

The audible warning is very feeble on the Connect system; there is a small speed camera icon when approaching a camera on satnav map.

You can't enhance the audio unfortunately, or benefit from the sound options available from this www for other satnav makes.

EXCLUDE MOBILE CAMERAS:

When downloading from here deselect the option, near the d/load button called "Include pMobile Files"
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Connect Reply with quote

peasemore wrote:
When downloading from here deselect the option, near the d/load button called "Include pMobile Files"
Why. Is there a technical reason for that statement, or is it just that you prefer not to have them?
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never deselect them Smile
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why did you say to do so, like it matters?
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT

I was answering Nigel's query re EXCLUSING mobile cameras; why don't you butt out?
Go and chill out at the De La Warr Pavilion; get some fresh air.
nigelt999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i asked the question about deselecting mobile cameras was that i found this sent the Nissan system into a bit of a frenzy, yes it shows the icon on the screen for a fixed camera but nothing appears on the screen for a mobile camera, the system simply beeps - personally i would rather know that a beep is a fixed camera and not have to look down at the Connect screen every time i hear a beep to ascertain what type of camera it was thereby distracting me from the road ahead.

This does of course beg the question why doesn't a message come up on the screen (as with the pocketgpsworld app) saying what kind of camera it is, i'm sure i read somewhere it is supposed to do this.

I also found that for every fixed camera i received two lots of beeps from the system, one generated by the camera location from the Nissan database and the other from the pocketgpsworld imported database.

Hope this all makes sense (!) and i have partly solved the problem by uninstalling the pocketgpsowrld database from the Connect system and using their app on my phone instead, i think the moral of the story is maybe that, whilst the pocketgpsworld database is excellent, it is maybe not as suitable for the Nissan Connect system as it could be.
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect LCN2 Reply with quote

Interesting discussion.
On my 2011 Qashqai I had the LCN1 system which showed details of SPECS and mobile cameras on screen.
On my 2016 Qashqai the LCN2 system only shows a camera on screen so I have no idea if it relates to a fixed camera or one of the others mentioned above.
When trying to download the latest data I get the following on screen,
USB DEVICE DETECTED and NO AUDIO FILES so I wonder if anything is being downloaded.
Any comments/suggestions would be most appreciated.
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect3 Reply with quote

Update.

Disappointed there has not been any response to my previous note.

I have tried a few different USB memory sticks and using the latest purchase now have two more messages on my Connect screen, viz,

'Download new MyPOIs' and then 'Copying MyPOIs to the system. Please wait....' but no bar is shown confirming all of the data has been copied.

However, still no messages shown on screen indicating type of speed camera
so if no further improvement can be achieved the benefit of using Pocket GPS World will be greatly reduced.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nissan Connect3 Reply with quote

geejay38 wrote:
Disappointed there has not been any response to my previous note.
Could be that no one else has had the same problem Very Happy
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Nissan connect Reply with quote

If that is the case grateful if someone could advise what I am doing wrong as not seeing camera details on screen is a real problem.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears from previous posts and yours that your system only has one icon for any camera?
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Nissan Connect Reply with quote

Correct.
That is OK but nothing else is shown on screen except the camera icon.
Therefore I don’t know what type of camera is involved and this is important when dealing with the SPECS system.
What I cannot understand is this data was shown on my previous Nissan Connect system.
I am in contact with Nissan Customer Services and the Qashqai Owners Forum but no luck so far😱
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Nissan Connect Reply with quote

Does it audibly warn you on approach to a cam?
geejay38 wrote:

Therefore I don’t know what type of camera is involved and this is important when dealing with the SPECS system.
Although I fully agree with your 'should do it', but, providing you have been warned about it, it that much of a big deal as you can usually see what type of camera it is as you approach it and act accordingly (whatever that might be. Very Happy)
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Nissan Connect Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest and helpful comments.
Yes I do get an audible warning and agree that is often sufficient.
However,some of the SPECS cameras on the A12 are painted green, hidden near trees and difficult to see so the text is very helpful.
Also if there are any high-sided vehicles blocking the view at that point I find the text indicating the type of camera most useful.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: