Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice alert on a Garmin 2699
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice alert on a Garmin 2699

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romansilver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Voice alert on a Garmin 2699 Reply with quote

Hello, I am having a bit of trouble with the voice alerts which I have loaded onto my NUVI 2699 LMT-D. Due to going into hospital a lot, I did not keep my 2699 up to date. I think it was last October or November that I downloaded the Camera data. I have just put on the Camera data which came out on the 4th May. It had been such a long time that at first, I forgot how to do it. I downloaded the voice alert which is the Liz Whitaker Voice only wav file.

I don't know why but I am getting 3 bongs before the warning voice. Thinking I have downloaded the wrong file, I took off all the POIs off my satnav and downloaded the wav file again, still I get the 3 bongs. I updated my 2699 software last month, took over 3 hours. Thinking it might be something to do with that, I checked the setting. I can't see anything wrong. I have the Garmin cameras turned off and have the alerts near proximity points set to single tone. I have checked that I am downloading the voice only wav file.
Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start again .....

Remove all cameras (gpi file). POILoader remove option is the safest.

Then http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=95881

Pay particular attention to sox.exe
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Romansilver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Voice alerts Reply with quote

Hello
Thank you for that. I will try again and remove all camera data. I do use the POI Loader remove option. I will download the camera data and voice file again and give it another go. I had the voice alert already on there last year, had no problems then. I don't know who the woman was last time but it seems very different now. I presume when I removed the out of date cameras, the old voice alert went as well.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wav files that come in with the CSV cameras were created here some time ago and are the best I've had.

Very clear.

If you download my CSV Converter package (you don't have to use it) are a modified set with the pre chimes removed.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Romansilver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Chimes Reply with quote

Hello Kremmen

Sorry for late reply, had PC problems, now sorted. I have downloaded the latest Camera Data ( 11th May ) Converted and loaded onto my Satnav today. I still have the same problem, I get the chimes before the voice. I did use the loader and converter I have always used as I have never had any problems. As I first said, due to hospital / illness I had never updated my Garmin since last year. The only difference is now I use Windows 10. If I get a chance tonight, I will download again and use your converter. I was starting to think that there was something wrong with the voice file.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the default set do have included pre chimes.

The Converter has a facility to only unzip the camera data so your favourite sound files are retained.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: