Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 660 - how do I add music?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 660 - how do I add music?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Garmin 660 - how do I add music? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Garmin 660 motorcycle GPS and want to add a bit of music to it for those long boring roads ....
I have tried simply adding a music folder and placing mp3 file within, which works but it slows the refresh rate of the map screen.
The affect is dramatic.

Is there a way I can add music that doesn't affect the maps?
Should I be using a different file type - other than mp3?

I look forward to your replies.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not enough motor cyclists here to help. Try www.zumoforums.com if you don't get any answer here.
Metblackrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Zumo 550 that I ran with an 8gb memory card with the MP3 files on it. Anything bigger than that and it would take ages to read the contents and start playing.

I have recently upgraded to the Zumo 590 with a 32gb card and it loads and plays almost instantly.

I would suggest that you put your music on a memory card and try it with just a few files. Keep adding more and monitor the performance. This will give you some idea as to how many files you can add without affecting performance.
2wheelsgood
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Adding Music Reply with quote

Put it on a separate card and manage it that way, also makes it easier to run map updates once the internal memory gets stretched.

I use a 660 and a 590 on m bike - audio books on the 660 and music on the 590 - all on the cards rather than internal memory as they run more smoothly that way.

Running both also means that having the camera audio alerts running on the 'non-sound' unit means I don't get annoying interruptions to the book or track I am listening do, they still run in the background at a lower volume and thats helps with the flow and means I don't switch the concentration away from the road...

Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: