Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Everything is working fine for me except when I change the warning text. I'm getting the following error when using POILoader

It only seems to affect the redlight and some of the mobile cams.

Found and fixed.

An unusual one that took some debugging.

Link is in the first page of this thread and the version when installed should be 2016.04.04.41
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
darlorob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kremmen will get the latest version downloaded and give it a go
Oscargrouch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
You can tell how up to date by the version number in the top menu bar which is in yyyy.mm.dd.version

I'm currently working on the Direction Converter which is undergoing a major change to reversible and adjacent cameras. The change will remove the vast majority of back to back warnings where there are reversible or adjacent cameras (less than 60 yards). You will get just a single non heading warning of a camera ahead rather than the current double warning of 2 cameras ahead, one north and one south for example.

Once that is complete I will look at this.

Thanks Kremmen, sorry for the late reply, been working away all week.... Rolling Eyes
Oscargrouch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still getting double warnings of many (although not all) mobile cams. Using the latest version of CSV to GPX converter (2016.04.04.41)
I have not tried the CSV Direction Converter version: 2016.03.15.7: yet, should I be using this on the files first?
Thanks... Embarassed
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those double warnings.

Can you identify one of them by camera number. Then open the appropriate file (mobile_fifty for example) in Notepad and find the camera line(s).

If you are only running approach warnings then there should be a single line with an #50 for example. If you are running overspeed warnings as well then there will be a duplicate line but with a @50.

If you are running overspeed warnings then multiple warnings can be generated by the unit and I have no control over that. If you are only running the approach warning then it has to be multiple databases on the unit, something I can't investigate from afar.

The Direcrion Converter is just a pre-app to separate the database into directional files and of no importance to your issue.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Oscargrouch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Those double warnings.

Can you identify one of them by camera number. Then open the appropriate file (mobile_fifty for example) in Notepad and find the camera line(s).

If you are only running approach warnings then there should be a single line with an #50 for example. If you are running overspeed warnings as well then there will be a duplicate line but with a @50. **Running This**

If you are running overspeed warnings then multiple warnings can be generated by the unit and I have no control over that. If you are only running the approach warning then it has to be multiple databases on the unit, something I can't investigate from afar. **Not running this **

The Direcrion Converter is just a pre-app to separate the database into directional files and of no importance to your issue. * Thanks *

Hi Kremmen,

Hope I get what you want to see: here is the line Rolling Eyes : -1.17314,52.26207,"NW-MOBILE:178391@30"
Thanks....

Edit: Above was the CSV file: guess you mean the GPX File: Here are the 2 lines. Can't post, so in Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/knhdiqhjid4nf87/wpt%20lon.docx?dl=0
Oscargrouch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly, it is not on the Garmin Unit because the two lines were generated a fresh using the current converter. I have two lines for every camera, even though the 'OverSpeed' and 'Adjacent' boxes were un-ticked during processing. Perhaps if I try removing all gpx files from the working folder, then re-process. I will try that now and let you know the result later.... Idea

Edit: The Saga continues.... By removing all GPX Files from the working folder, duplicate lat long entries were created again both with either a # or @ sign in them...So, I removed all GPX files from the folder again, set all overspeed warning box's on the right to 0. Re-processed, and ended up with this..... https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ba5du6o0giod2t/Sorted.docx?dl=0 Sorted. It would seem that once you have used the over-speed warning within CSV - GPX and the files are in the working folder, then even if the box is not ticked the next time, then the files remain; not as an overspeed, but a double warning...Yes.. Very Happy Very Happy
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced.

If you select an approach time then you will get a # line
If you select an overspeed time then you will get a @ line

Both the above lines are an and/or and can be either or both. Having both almost duplicate lines is fine.

I'll check your dropbox lines shortly.

Your first link data is fine. You should be getting a single approach warning at about 187 metres. At 80 metres the unit will assess your speed and if you are at or over the prevailing speed it will warn you again and again until you are under the limit.

If you are getting multiple warnings at 187 metres then that indicates duplicate files.

Next check is to make sure that the converter GPI cameras written = the number of cameras that POILoader says it's loaded. If you have any camera files (gpx or csv) in a sub folder they will get sucked in by POIloader as well, hence why I provide a count.

In your second post you have removed the overspeed element. If this has removed the 'duplicate' warnings then the unit thinks you are speeding and will continue to give warnings until you pass the camera.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Oscargrouch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
I'm not convinced.

As an experiment, within CSV-GPX I have just tried unzipping the current Speed Cam database again; overspeed box unticked, but left the right hand overspeed box's on default speed. Checked the GPX files; they contain 2x entries, one # and one @.
Did the trial again with overspeed unticked and set to 0 on all of the right overspeed box's; only one entry for each Cam, a #.... Also made a simulated test drive, no double warnings on Mobile Camera 178391@30.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I would expect.

Those 'duplicate' warnings are actually overspeed warnings. Because the simulated run always does the limit you will indeed get warned to watch your speed, sometimes more than once till you have passed the camera.

In reality, if you run by your car speedo which always overreads then you should just get the approach warning as if your speedo is showing 30 your Satnav speed will be 27 or 28 so no overspeed warning should be given. That's what happens on mine anyway.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Oscargrouch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
That's what I would expect.

Those 'duplicate' warnings are actually overspeed warnings. Because the simulated run always does the limit you will indeed get warned to watch your speed, sometimes more than once till you have passed the camera.

In reality, if you run by your car speedo which always overreads then you should just get the approach warning as if your speedo is showing 30 your Satnav speed will be 27 or 28 so no overspeed warning should be given. That's what happens on mine anyway.

Thank you Kremmen; and thanks for the CVS-GPX program. I was not picking holes, as there aren't any; just thought I may have found a helpful gremlin; apparently not....Thanks.... Embarassed
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this isn't a dumb question...

How do Alert Speeds and alert distances relate?

I have used the manual mode of POILoader in the past as I have wanted to tweak Alert Speeds (I get a silly amount of bonging otherwise - and I've been all through the thread on Alert vs Overspeed warnings etc).

I've never really understood why it's an either/or choice with the alert distance in POILoader.

I assume (?) that if using CSV to GPX Converter that changing an alert distance in POILoader will either override what is set in CSV to GPX Converter or be ignored which is why the instructions are to use Express.

But what about Alert Speeds? I'm guessing the default is based on the #50 part of of the name field e.g. GATSO:512#50 in the GPX files, but can this be overridden by choosing an "Alert when speed is greater than the Alert Speed" speed in POILOader?

With the increased number of GPX files when using directions, using POILoader manually is prohibitively time-consuming and error-prone. I could script a change to the GPX files however if my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Stuart
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the required scripting is don in the CSV to GPX converter. You just run POI Loader at the CSV to GPX converter working folder and it loads the lot in one fell swoop. Absolutely no
Quote:
using POILoader manually is prohibitively time-consuming and error-prone.
And if you use the CSV Direvtion converter as well, you get directionalised visual and audible alerts as well, rather than the stupid Garmin bongs.
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - just been trying it out and the CSV direction converter and customisable alert distances are really great.

The question was really about setting Alert Speeds. I would prefer, for many cameras, to set the alert speed slightly above the actual speed limit.

As I leave home for example there is a Redspeed shortly followed by a mobile location and a bridge over that road which also has a mobile location on. So I get six alerts in short succession before we get into any overspeed alerts. I'd rather set the alerts so they happen at say 53 mph rather than 50mph. I'm personally comfortable with this latitude for the peace it brings :-)

I can do that using the manual mode in POILoader, but wondered if this could be automated. I used to do it manually for each speed zone for Gatso, Mobile, pMobile, and Redspeed. It was just about doable. With directional GPX files it's too much.

I've just tried it by editing some of the GPX files to be #56 instead of #50 (the simulator drives at 54mph on this road). So it looks as though this does not affect the initial alerts generated. I get all the alerts. Confused. I thought the #number was the initial alert and the @number (if present) was for overspeed, but in Express mode this does not seem to be the case.

Stuart
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not aware that POILoader had an alert warning distance adjustment feature !

By defauit, using CSV files, the warning distance is 36 seconds at the prevailing speed. You have no control over that.

What GPX allows is the addition of a 'proximity' element that overrides this. If you look at the GPX file the proximity setting is metres, even though POILoader mentions MPH and Yards.

The Converter allows you to change the warning proximity for each camera and speed independently. Use the Converter calculator to work out your requirements.

My personal defaults are 14 secs for the approach warning and 6 seconds for an overspeed warning. These distances are identical to what my old Talex used to be and I find them perfect for me.

Very flexible program. Run through the manual.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 24 of 74

Jump to: