Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS kids watch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS kids watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Vehicle Locators & Person or Pet Tracking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmybond007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: GPS kids watch Reply with quote

So I've looked at all the forums and this seems the best one and under the right heading. Not sure how much the gurus on here can help as I wont have all the information but this is where I am at.

I have bought a Kids GPS tracker watch that is on Ebay (It's called Topwatch) It's made in HK, the instructions are in ChEnglish. There is no support whatsoever so I am trying to figure this out myself...

The watch takes a micro sim and has the functionality to make calls to 2 predefined numbers and also for GPS tracking. There is an app in Android and iOS called Kidscare.

There a 2 lights. The sim light flashes green when it's in and operational (I have that working and we can make calls no problem) and the GPS flashes green when it's found a satellite. That's also working. So what's wrong you ask...

Well, I have a Lebaro sim with inclusive minutes and data. When I put the sim in, the app says 'online' and all is good. However, after about 10 minutes it says 'offline' in both Android and iOS and there is nothing I can do to get it back on unless I remove the sim and put it in again.

Whilst this I presume could be any number of reasons, I do have 2 questions. 1) Did I actually need data on the sim in the first place as it's my phone and app that's displaying the location of the watch and 2)Is it maybe going offline because I have the wrong sim? Lebaro uses Vodafone which is fine in my area but I have read that maybe the fact that it's not 2G only might be a problem which is why it says 'offline' after 10 minutes or so.

There is no way to change internet settings on the watch but then I dont think it needs data anyway now I've read around this. But the fact its says offline (and online sometimes) makes me think it's a GPS problem as isnt that how the watch is 'linked' to the apps?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated Smile

Thank you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Vehicle Locators & Person or Pet Tracking All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: