Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updating Camera Database using My Drive Connect
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating Camera Database using My Drive Connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colourise
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Updating Camera Database using My Drive Connect Reply with quote

Hi
I should be grateful for a little help with updating the camera data base using My Drive Connect.

Last week I purchased a Tomtom Start 25 and successfully installed, for the first time on this unit, the Pocket GPSWorld camera data base. I downloaded UK - Speed Zoned Complete, which gives me 99 files.

Today I downloaded the latest updated data base and unzipped it for use with the Start25.

The unzipping, again, gives me 99 files.

When I add the POI I select the 99 files on my computer which are then shown in the Browse window of My Drive Connect.
When I Click install I get a message saying “This file already exists on my device and do I want to overwrite it.
However it does not mention which file it is referring to or whether it is referring to all the files.
There is no facility to “Copy and replace” all the 99 files as there was when using Tomtom Home software.(Which was done via Windows explorer)
I am doing something wrong or do I have to overwrite each file as a separate action?

Is it OK to only update the OV2 files or should the bmp files be updated too?

Thanks
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Via 135, which I believe is the same as the Start 25 but has bluetooth, after the initial installation I have only ever updated the OV2 files.

When it says the file already exists I always allow it to be overwritten and have had no problems.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Colourise
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply and the information regarding the OV2 files.

I am still at a slight loss as to the procedure for the overwriting of 33 separate OV2 files.

If I update just the OV2 files, of which there are 33, do I need to carry out the overwrite procedure 33 times, or does My Drive Connect deal with all 33 files in one go so that choosing “overwrite file”, will in fact overwrite all 33 files?

The “file copy message” refers to file, in the singular and not files in the plural even though all the 33 files have been selected to be overwritten.

Apologies for my being a bit dim on this but I am used to using TomtomHome software and MyDrive Connect is completely new to me.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's not very clear, but I assume MyDrive is referring to a file it has created containing all of the updates you've selected.

Selecting all the ov2 files that you want to transfer from your pc to the TomTom at once and allowing the existing file to be overwritten updates all of the cameras.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Colourise
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply and for the clarification of what MyDrive Connect is doing.

I will continue perfoming future updates along those lines.

Thanks once again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: