Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Changing my old TomTom Go 730
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing my old TomTom Go 730

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norfolkman47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Changing my old TomTom Go 730 Reply with quote

HELP PLEASE!!

I am thinking of changing my old TomTom Go730 satnav to a new TomTom Go 6100 satnav - I have a few questions before I decide to do this.

1. Do I need register my New TomTom Go 6100 and de-register my old TomTom Go730 on Pocket GPS World to download Speed Cameras?

2. My old TomTom Go730 requires OV2 format for downloading Speed Cameras - will this OV2 format be the same for my new TomTom Go 6100, if not then what format would I need to use for downloading Speed Cameras on this website?

3. The new TomTom Go 6100 comes already installed and updated with TomTom Speed Cameras - how do I change this satnav to install Pocket GPS World Speed Cameras instead?

Many thanks for answers to these 3 questions.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: 😅 Reply with quote

Despite the multitude of posts to the contrary over the past year or so I think that you and your new TT may be the Chosen Ones and, yes, your new TomTom shall be unique and accept 3rd party Poi's, especially the SpeedCamera ones.

However, I haven't won the Lotto yet, so my crystal ball may be defective, I suggest you check the forums and see what other members think about your chances.

ETA. There is a hint in my signature. I've just bought a Garmin.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No. Your pgpsw registration is you personally, not your device. You are permitted to download and install pgpsw speed cameras on up to three devices in the same household.

2. and 3. The 6100 will NOT operate the pgpsw speed cameras. Supposedly you may be able to install them as POIs, but you can't warn or display them - you can, supposedly, navigate to them, so if you knew the ID of any particular camera, e.g. Redlight 38724, you could navigate to it. Ali thinks that's not very useful. I think there's no way I'll buy a 6100.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: