Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket Speed Cams for 6000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket Speed Cams for 6000
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onezone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply from TOMTOM,

basically they are saying the POI import IS working, but looking at the instructions on their help pages, it looks like it's just a case of importing them, and they work, IF you want to travel to one of them. I mean.. who wants to travel to a safety camera????

You want to know if you're passing by one. I'm not thinking of going to one for a holiday, for the day, or even for the hour Laughing Out Loud

what a waste of time!
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT know exactly what you mean and are being slightly misleading with the answer.

They do allow POI's but not the type required for handling third party safety cameras.

I wonder how many TT owners using their camera database get NIP's for missing cameras?
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom are a bunch of Bar stewerds regarding POI cameras Reply with quote

Everyone knows they are just trying to make Tomtom users prisoners of their devices. POI on the go 6000 has been a damn disgrace. even now it is available it's so tedious and slow. even when you do download you can't use them in a general search. Only the Tomtom POI come up in it. If ever they get easier to download from here or in fact the speed camera database ever can be downloaded in a usable form, I for one will not be buying another Tomtom device. What makes things worse for me is I had to do a reset due to my device crashing and the internal memory running out of space. which is a ridiculous situation when the lifetime maps are getting bigger and bigger. So I have to put custom POI on an sd card. which l lost on my device when I did the reset. Although I still had them on mydrive via my computer I can't seem to download them back to my 6000. So its back to the downloading files one at time at a time at a time and so on l think.

Im looking forward to see how they can cock up the downloading of a good third party camera database such as PGPS. OH YEAH they have done it already.
More by design than mistake l believe. The bunch of BAR STEWARDS
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can search for custom pois on that model. You install them using MyDrive.
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Poi on go 6000 Reply with quote

Not as simple as its made out. Fair enough its done by using my driveMydrive. Issue is with full EU map the memory is getting very limited for adding third party stuff. So you put a sd card in to expand the memory. I used it to put poi on from pgps last time no problem albeit very tiersome how its has to be done 1 file at a time and only ov2 can be downloaded. Device started crashing so l was adviced to factory set before updating the latest map and software updates. Now its not putting the poi onto the device but stored them on mydtive cus l only have 373 mb of space. It says on the how to instructions a min 9f 400 is required. Im now told to get around it l can download regional maps such as uk and NI or a none 3d version. Why the hell should l when l bought the device with a FULL EU MAP. So there solution is l have to have a lesser map and the sd although formatted dosnt get around the issue of not downloading poi cus of only 373 mb on the internal memory as it did befor the reset and updated map and software. So the issue lm afraid is not the fact l havnt used mydrive. mydrive wont transfer onto my satnav due to the above l beleive. I also cant beleive the solution being given on the tomtom forum is to have less if l want more. Wheres the logic in that
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Garmins we delete foreign language files and other unwanted stuff like vehicle and keyboard files to create extra space.

Don't know how much space or whether that is possible on a TT
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: