Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Database format
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Database format
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B2BLX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Database format Reply with quote

Hi I have managed to get my hands on a Koonlung HD dash cam with built in speed camera detection/ warning. It uses A Navitel database at present

To load the database, the data has to be stored in .txt format in the following format

IDX, X, Y, TYPE, SPEED, DIRTYPE, DIRECTION

My question before subscribing, is what database formats are available that closely resemble the format above. It would preferably be .CSV and I could then save as .TXT

the main items being X, Y, TYPE, SPEED

DIRTYPE and DIRECTION would be good but not essential.

IDX - I can add this so not really an issue.

Any help would be most appreciated.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PGPSW iGO database is a .txt file in the format

X,Y,Type,Speed,DirType,Direction

It sounds like your device uses the directional data that PGPSW provides. In iGO, the dirtype is one way, reversible or Omni and the direction is the direction you are travelling to get caught. The Type is a number describing the type of cam such as fixed, moblile, redlight etc. It doesn't alert for cams on the other side of the road.
So it seems like you could use the iGO data with a bit of data field manipulation to bin the unwanted idx data column.
TerryReilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: K1S Speed camera database Reply with quote

Be interested to know whether this worked?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it and let us know. Very Happy The OP either hasn't tried, or can't be bothered to post his thanks Rolling Eyes
If you need further info, just post again.
matkinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: K1S Speed camera database Reply with quote

I'm not the OP ;-)

Unfortunately this didn't work for me with my K1S (V3 firmware). Before parting with me subscription cash I created a gpsdb.txt file in the root directory with content as follows:

Code:

IDX,X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION
1,-1.2872200,51.6772500,5,30,0,0

This corresponds to a camera in my home town (Abingdon). I guessed the type , direction, etc as shown at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6ht0RfuHE.

But on starting my device the file isn't read; it doesn't disappear as described in the K1S's manual. I've tried with and without spaces after the commas, both to no avail. I give up! Sad
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try loosing the idx column and just leave the X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION columns and try again.
matkinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for a prompt - and unexpected! - response. Just tried that - no difference. The file is still not read.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find the info as to how to do it. I've Googled around and can't find much.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a matter of interest, when you download the files off the sd card to view them, is there a separate gps file generated so when viewing on RegistratorViewer to play back the gps track.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Where did you find the info as to how to do it. I've Googled around and can't find much.

I found this:

http://navitel.ru/en/support/instructions/radars/
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the IDX field, this is exactly the same format that is required for iGO speed cams. I wonder if the OP is using the .csv extension rather than .txt. There is a possibility that he is not showing extensions in windows so is generating a filename such as camersa.txt.txt which his system does not like.
According to his last post he has given up, so hey ho.

What is interesting is that the cam he shows in his post is in in Abingdon, but is a fixed cam not a mobile as indicated in his extract and should have the following entry

IDX,X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION
1,-1.2872200,51.6772500,1,30,1,180

This should make it directional southbound on his device
matkinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the poster from Abingdon - but not the OP - and appreciate the responses. I've been on holiday, so please excuse any assumed rudeness! I'll endeavour to find time over the weekend to see if I can progress.
Answering one question - these forums and the Techmoan review (and associated comments) on this webcam were my sources of information. See http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2015/3/1/k1s-the-first-front-rear-hidden-1080p-dash-camera.html?currentPage=11#comments.
Answering another... I need to confirm (am meant to be working right now) but I don't recall any separate gps track with the cam files. RegistratorViewer is on the root directory, then there are two folders, one for regular files (containing a series for both the front and rear cams), the others for "locked" files. But the gps location is definitely correctly shown on playback.
Regards
Mike

[EDIT] No, I was using a txt extension. It's also interesting that in the referenced format the example given doesn't conform to the ddd.dddddd format required. I recall I used both dd.ddddddd and ddd.dddddd. Also I tried with and without a header line.
Also I now find some correspondence with the local seller (JooVuu):
Quote:
believe for your batch of cameras we requested this as without it [preloaded speedcam database] as the asia details were causing a few problems but I did not deal with this issue so could not be 100% certain on that.

I'm now wondering if the firmware has the speedcam functionality disabled. There's no "last update" entry in the menu, and - as already stated - any spepedcam.txt file in the root directory doesn't get read/deleted as it should on next startup.
[EDIT^2] Reading back this thread I realise I named the file on the card gpsdb.txt as the manual states. Nextg thing to try is the SpeedCam.txt name that the Navitel example uses.

Last edited by matkinson on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere apologies for calling you the OP, but I was using it as a wotsit for 'Other Person' as it is much shorter to type than 'matkinson'. Anyway, for future reference I shall refer to you as mat, as it's only a bit longer than OP' Very Happy
Look forward to hearing the results of your further camera checks.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get and analyse an original file that may help.

Check not only the format but also the first and last lines as they may contain some opening and closing statements. Hopefully no last line encrypted checksum.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
matkinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YouTube video linked above does clarify a header line is required and the filename I used. But it's worth trying other options. Need to find a card adapter for my laptop - walking the from my car to/from my PC at the the other end of the house each time is not productive.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: