Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPX Files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPX Files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: GPX Files Reply with quote

Bit of advice please. I've downloaded a number of GPX files from the Web onto my PC. Opening the folder up they are all shown as GPX files. However, on transferring them, using SatSync, to my A12 they are shown as '.map files' on SatSync but nothing is shown on the A12, despite the familiar beeps that sound when GPX files are transferred over OK.
Have I done something wrong ? Thanks.
smashing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPX will convert to MAP when imported to a Satmap. Have you looked in both internal memory and SD card for the imported route? My A10 seems to import to SD card by default. Did you import it as a route?

Just imported a GPX which shows up as a MAP route on the SD Card.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Tx, I've tried half dozen times but not in either the main memory or SD card. Would you be kind enough to try the following link for me, just scroll down to La Gomera.

http://www.walking.demon.co.uk/gpxDownloads.htm
smashing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the La Gomera zip. Unzipped and imported the first file - 01 Degollada de Peraza to San Sebstian.gpx. This showed up in Satsync as 15 separate .map files numbered 0101 to 0115 rather than a single route. None of these were visible on the A10 itself. There are various flavours of GPX files so I suspect you might have to tweak them to fit...

Had a look at the same 01 Degollada de Peraza to San Sebstian file in Excel - Satsync has clearly separated each waypoint into a separate Map file. I can also see it was created with GPS utility 4.20 so perhaps that software might be able to correct the file.

They ain't gonna work as they are.
alanlakes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the gpx files from that website for my Garmin GPSMAP 60csx. They are only waypoints. I used - as suggested - GPSU to put them into a route.
I have done this for all of La Gomera and Tenerife (also mallorca and Menorca). I also have associated Track files for most of the routes which means you can make a more accurate route up.

If you PM me I can email them to you already made into a GPX Route and Track files.

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: