Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera type change
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera type change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Camera type change Reply with quote

I have been looking to see what your procedure is to report when I have noticed one type of camera changes to another. Locally a former red light camera has now been replaced by what I have been told is a dual purpose device with white lines added.

Also, do you want to now when the replace the old style Gatso with the newer, smaller, more evil sort?

Apologies if I am not looking properly

Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Camera submission map - zoom in to the location and click the camera, then add the change details, remembering to fill in the comments box, stating that it has changed from Redlight to RedSpeed. It will be reported to the Verifiers for confirmation.

We don't need change details for the change of other cameras from Gatso (wet film) to Monitron (digital) type - they are still basically fixed speed cameras, just operate differently, but with the same result.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Speed camera change Reply with quote

Thank you Dennis. Changes implemented.

Mike
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a timely post, just been made aware of a couple of gatso to digital changes, now I know what to do. Or not to do, so to speak.

Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that (probably) back in the mists of time when the database first started, there was only one type of speed camera and it was made by Mr Gatso. So was born the Gatso - think "Hoover". There are now several types of camera (e.g. Gatso, Monitron, Truvelo), so like hoovers made by that nice man in Bradford upon Avon and those advertised these days made by all sorts of people, they all pick you up and send you a ticket. We have been wondering why MaFt doesn't change the database just to say "Fixed Camera" - I'm sure he's told us, but I don't pay attention. Confused

MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
We have been wondering why MaFt doesn't change the database just to say "Fixed Camera" - I'm sure he's told us, but I don't pay attention. Confused

CamerAlert apps DO use the generic descriptor of 'Fixed Speed Camera'. Making the change to the other systems will be more hassle that it's worth - we'd need to talk everyone through how to remove any old files and make sure they're not lingering etc. That's just a small part of it - for something that, really, doesn't really matter...

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I knew there was a perfectly reasonable explanation - he just doesn't want lingerie fallout.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: