Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Volvoxc60
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Volvoxc60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Volvoxc60 Reply with quote

For 3 years I have subscribed and yet still ahve not managed to install the speed cameras on my 2011 xc60. before I waste money on another years subscription ca anyone help me to do this?
I have downloaded the relevant file
Thanks
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's quite a long thread here about adding POIs. It does seem to depend which system you have whether the camera data is included or needs to be added.

Post 27 seems to be the start of the relevant info.

Post 134 states:
Quote:
Couldn't be easier actually, but takes a little time to load the car.

1. Join Pocket GPS World web site;
2. click on the Speed Camera download icon;
3. in the "choose type of sat-nav", from the drop-down list,
select "Other GPX", [not Garmin or tomtom or CSV or anything else];
4. select which speed-camera file you want (one file at a time)
5. press "Download" to load the .zip file to your computer
6. Now, on your computer, run the saved .zip file and select "extract all" files straight to your USB stick.
7. take USB stick to the car and insert into the usb-port;
8. start the SatNav system in car and select import POIs
9. it recognises the USB stick immediately by label - just select with OK
10. Now the whole list of each individual camera file appears. Unfortunately they have to be loaded singly, one at a time, but the on-screen prompts are clear.

When finished the camera positions appear automatically on the map.

Job Done.

Can you follow those through and give us an idea at what point it fails?

I note from the linked thread that some owner had issues with the contents of the USB stick being recognised, but that seems to be down to the version of software in the SatNav, or using too large a USB stick. There's a suggestion on the thread of how to partition a large stick.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
KTuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - have done that before but going to start again! Should I download cosolidated or speed zoned option? Speed zoned sounds complicated - seem to need to format?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the instructions, it would be easier, at least as a "proof of concept", to use the Single File and deselect pMobile. That will give you just 2 files, pocketgps_uk_sc.gpx & pocketgps_uk_sc.bmp , to copy onto the USB stick and load into the SatNav.

Once you've proven that this works, you can then move to Consolidated or Speed Zoned. Each of those will give you more individual files to be loaded onto the SatNav, but doing the Single File first should give you a feel for how it's done.

Just to clarify:
Single File gives you one POI file containing all the cameras. The SatNav should warn you of the camera but you won't be able to tell what camera type it is from the map.
Consolidated will give you one POI file per camera type. The SatNav should warn you of the camera and you'll be able to tell what camera type it is from the map, but not the speed of camera.
Spped Zoned will give you one POI file per camera type and speed (Mobile 30MPH, Mobile 40MPH, etc.). It's not clear from that thread whether the SatNav is capable of warning of camera speed. (There is mention of the icon surround changing colour in post 60, but that seems to refer to the older system.) If it does, the SatNav should warn you of the camera and you'll be able to tell what camera type and speed it is from the map.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
KTuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! sometimes it just needs someone to make it more straightforward. I bit the bullet and installed the consolidated without the pmobile. So far so good - there are icons on the maps in the vicinity but will have to wait til tomorrow when I go further afield to see if it works as we are out in the sticks! Hopefully it should be ok - it all loaded ok.
Thanks for your help Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: