Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disckman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Voice alerts not working Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have followed this subject - great work and thanks to those would did all the work.
I am having some odd problems and hoped someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
I have uploaded the files in accordance with page 1 and feel confident I have them in the correct place.
I am using iPhone 4S, Diskaid and the latest TomTom app.
My problems are:
1 I get some voice alerts not all. I have checked the ogg files are correct.
2 I get Beep Beep (presumably from TT speed cams) the file names seems different from description here. e.g.. Safety_cam_UK_TomTom.ov2 don't exist on iPhone.
3 On map all speed cams show as red squares EXCEPT Red lights which are correct and voice works.

Any idea what I have done wrong?
Thanks in advance

Glyn
MJH69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st1967 wrote:
MJH69 wrote:

Thanks for the info, but still unsure Embarassed Where am I putting the ogg,ov2 and png files. I have put them in as files on their own and as a folder into the poi folder on my iPhone and it still not working for me.

On there own in the POI folder is where mine are.

OV2, PNG and OGG files

Works fine that way?

Thanks for info. Its working, but the voice alerts aren't working from the OGG files. Any ideas please
iPhone 4s with TomTom app v1.18
MJH69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJH69 wrote:
st1967 wrote:
MJH69 wrote:

Thanks for the info, but still unsure Embarassed Where am I putting the ogg,ov2 and png files. I have put them in as files on their own and as a folder into the poi folder on my iPhone and it still not working for me.

On there own in the POI folder is where mine are.

OV2, PNG and OGG files

Works fine that way?

Thanks for info. Its working, but the voice alerts aren't working from the OGG files. Any ideas please

I'm still not sure why voice alerts aren't work on my iPhone. Does anyone else have this?
iPhone 4s with TomTom app v1.18
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Custom Voices Reply with quote

Hello All, Tried going through the threads but couldn't see. So thought to ask the question as I have got this to work but wondered is it possible to add custom voices for Navigation as you could do with WinMo 6? If yes can you let me know how to do this? Thanks. Very Happy
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any body else having same problem as me ? i cant see screenshots on page number 1 as all it says is imageshack and when i click it all i get is a short video about image shack - anybody help ???
ChrisSW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App Reply with quote

Unfortunately with iOS 8.3, Apple have made it impossible to access the data and the directory to use this method. The only alternative now is a jail-broken iPhone or iPad. This is what the iMazing team had to say about it:

"With the release of iOS 8.3 last week Apple has again showed it likes to keep the iPhone in a walled garden. The update renders access to Apps Document folder only possible if the App is enabled for File Sharing.

In other and simple terms this means that iMazing (or similar software) cannot read or write data to the apps unless their developers have specified that they wanted their app to be able to perform such a thing. This also means that the backup/restore of apps is now possible only for the app itself (and not for its data unless – again – File Sharing is enabled).

That said, it is after all maybe understandable that this is the way things should be, Apple is enforcing what developers want. And this should bring awareness to every app developer of the importance of File Sharing, because there are so many users of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that use those devices to carry data, and they need to transfer this data.

On a side note, without encouraging anyone to do so, the next available Jailbreak will almost certainly restore access to all apps. Just saying."

A pity as this was a very workable and nicely integrated solution for TomTom - and showed the camera location on the TomTom map, something the "legitimate" CameraAlert doesn't do....
. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a Beta 8.4 IOS on my iPhone and the locked down issue is still present. So it looks like this state is here to stay.

The version of the camera database currently on my iPhone is now a few months old and I can neither update it or remove it. Going down the M5 on Saturday I was getting alerts for SPECS devices that were no longer there.

I have no desire to jailbreak to phone...
ChrisSW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is a deliberate action by Apple to make iOS more secure. So it's not going to go away - it will be every iOS from 8.3 onwards. My understanding is that TomTom need to permit access by 3rd party apps to their data folders for this to work. The existing "official" workaround of the CamerAlert app does still work but it only indicated that you are entering a controlled zone - you don't see on the TomTom map where the actual camera sits as you did with this method.

Like you, I do not wish to jailbreak my open to simply get the display back on the map. A pity as this was easy and worked well. If anyone from TomTom is listening, please consider opening this feature up for 3rd parties to use.
zebsogo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bertybasset wrote:
any body else having same problem as me ? i cant see screenshots on page number 1 as all it says is imageshack and when i click it all i get is a short video about image shack - anybody help ???

all i see are adverts for iTunes vouchers. I have a jailbroken iphone 6 and have bput the database files in the poi folder of the app all seems to work :-)

bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: camera alert on iphone tomtom Reply with quote

anybody got instructions to install camera alert poi's on the new tomtom app - now that they have let you access to input files
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see the icons on screen but no warning tone when i just copy the files into poi folder
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Custom Sounds/Voices Reply with quote

Is it possible to add custom sounds/voices?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Sounds/Voices Reply with quote

Hi nazp,

nazp wrote:
Is it possible to add custom sounds/voices?

Please read the first page of the thread. You need .ogg files and the mapsettings.cfg file for warning voices. NB the thread was started over 5 years ago so adding sound by the mapsettings.cfg file may not work any more because of the way that Apple has done things since iOS 8.3

Personally, I keep the OV2 and BMP files of the PGPSW camera database up-to-date and installed on my iPhone but use CamerAlert app in the background to provide audio warnings.

If for some reason that you don't want to use CamerAlert then re-read the first post of the thread and download the .ogg files and the mapsettings.cfg file.

You will need the current version of DiskAid (now called iMazing). You will see (via iMazing) the following folders:
Documents/poi
Documents/map-name

Where map-name is
UK and Ireland = United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
Europe = Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB

You place your .OV2 and .BMP files in Documents/poi folder.

Place mapsettings.cfg file in Documents/map-name folder. I'm not sure where you'd place the .OGG files nowadays, you could try placing the .OGG files in the Documents/poi folder.

However as I've not done the above, I recommend that you make the appropriate backups before doing anything!!!

Also, just to reiterate, it's much easier to run the CamerAlert app in the background. It's also recommended as CamerAlert handles SPECS camera zones! Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
nazp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert for the update.
I was actually thinking about voices to replace the current ones that you get as stock with the TT on the iPhone.
Reading your message it seems this is not possible
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nazp wrote:
Reading your message it seems this is not possible

I'd say that whilst it was possible when the thread was started, now it's more of an unknown with the current versions of the TomTom app and iOS.

By all means give it try and please report back your findings here as it may still be possible.

But safety first - back up all of the necessary files just as a precaution! Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42

Jump to: