Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin DEZL 760
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin DEZL 760

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voyager
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Garmin DEZL 760 Reply with quote

I have tried a search for information regarding the Garmin DEZL 760 but the replies ran into 100's none of which appeared to be about the above device.

I have recently changed from my Tom Tom 901 to a Garmin DEZL 760, my choice was between a Tom Tm 5150 or the Garmin and I chose the Garmin as it as a 7" screen,lifetime map & traffic updates however the instruction / information manuals are poor, before going into more detail is there any member who has also bought a DEZL gps?

Cheers
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you downloaded the full manual?

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/dezl_760_OM_EN.pdf
voyager
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sussamb for your reply, yes I had found and downloaded that pdf manual for the DEZL 760 but neither that or the stupid Quick Start Manual could answer the problems I'm incurring, luckily my supplier gps4you are slowly doing this via emails with information that should be in the manual for example.

I am having a problem getting the traffic receiver cable to either charge the device or to receive traffic datagps4you have instructed me that the device requires 24 hours charging via a USB cable so I'm in the process of trying that but surly both the traffic receiver cable and other power cable which both plug into he car should charge the device?

Also why is there a plug on the device for the USB cable and one for the power/traffic cable?
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a DEZL model so am unsure about it's cable/socket arrangement, normally there are only 2 sockets on a Garmin GPS if it comes with a powered mount, so one is for a USB cable to connect to your PC and the other connects to the mount, into which the power cable is plugged. This means all you need do is clip your GPS into the mount to get power and the cable and mount remain in the vehicle.

I don't though understand the comment about charging for 24 hours, my Garmin GPS have never taken that long, neither should there be a problem with 'traffic' simply because the battery isn't fully charged.

You should be able to run the GPS quite happily when it's plugged into the car's power outlet. You say you have two different cables? Again I've never seen that. However it's possible that you have 2 power cables, one with a traffic receiver and one without. The one with will have a sort of rectangular box midway along it (page 13 of the manual), in that box is a small hole for a wire antenna, ensure you use the wire antenna or you will have problems in the UK receiving traffic info, at least that is the case on my 1490.

On the other hand you may have the digital traffic version, and my only experience of that is when the receiver is built into the GPS, in that case there is no 'box' in the power cable.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: