Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Alerts on Tom Tom Go Live 1005
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Alerts on Tom Tom Go Live 1005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ericd
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Alerts on Tom Tom Go Live 1005 Reply with quote

I have downloaded the camera database for my TomTom Go live 1005 and it seems to have installed correctly onto my device, however I have noticed that the spoken alerts together with the warning chimes do not always sound when approaching a camera location although the bitmap icons are always shown. I have a speed camera located quite close to where I live and which I pass frequently, sometimes you get the audio warning and sometimes you don't, this is also the case at other camera sites in my area. Is this a general problem or am I missing something with my installation. I have followed the installation guide as published.
Ericd
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GO1005 too, and I'm afraid I've never noticed this problem.

As you've got a nearby camera where the issue happens, can you try a few experiments?
I'd suggest you first of all try changing the alert sound for that particular camera type back to a standard sound effect, and see if that makes a difference.

how you do that depends on how you installed the voice warnings in the first place... The "normal" method has the voice files with the same name as the camera data files (so they get assigned automatically during the set-up process).
So I think you will have to REMOVE that particular voice file (using Windows Explorer) and then do the "Warn when near" set-up again for that camera type. You'll be asked to choose a sound effect.

If you originally used the "alternative" way and put the voice warnings into the "sounds" folder, then it's just a case of running the Warn when near set-up again for that camera type and selecting a different sound effect.
Ericd
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Go live 1005 Reply with quote

Andy-P
Thank you for your reply. I have already changed the setup for the audio files several times. At present I am using the female voice with chimes and I have also changed the distance at which the alerts sound. I have yet to test the latest setup which I shall be doing tomorrow.
Regards
Ericd
Ericd
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy-P,
Have tried device out today and all seems to be working now except for the camera nearest to my home, although I have the alert distance set at 350 yards the actual alert does not sound until I am almost on the camera, all other cameras in area seemed to be okay and all set a 350 yard alert distance. I think that maybe the camera nearest me may be wrongly located on the database and I shall be looking to investigate this in due course.
Regards
Ericd

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: