Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAA_0821145133
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Sept 5 database Reply with quote

how come I have only two .gpx files?
CAA_0821145133
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Edit: Sorted

Just hope someone can figure out a way for audible warning
Artnithi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Mercedes GPX converter Reply with quote

I am a newbie here, I want to convert my Garmin waypoints to Comand Online. After reading the thread, I found that Merc twisted the GPX.

I have my waypoints in GPX file from Garmin Basecamp.

I haven' found the Mercedes Comand in download section here. Can you point me the right place.

Thanks.
Art
jojo19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercedes GPX converter Reply with quote

Artnithi wrote:
I am a newbie here, I want to convert my Garmin waypoints to Comand Online. After reading the thread, I found that Merc twisted the GPX.

I have my waypoints in GPX file from Garmin Basecamp.

I haven' found the Mercedes Comand in download section here. Can you point me the right place.

Thanks.
Art

Same, please...
CA_0223151745
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Multiple audible warnings Reply with quote

Hi

I've just joined and just downloaded the Merc gpx files for the first time. I've edited to make Active="True" Level="Warning" and going to try it out on my way home tonight.

With regard to multiple warnings, presumably if you duplicated each entry, but changed

ShowOnMap="true"

to = "false"

the camera would not appear twice on the map but might produce two audible warnings if the seconds settings are different. I might give that a go tomorrow. First-things-first, lets hope the audible warnings work on my 2011 E-Class comand online (that won't go online with an iPhone and my Merc dealer says they have no plans for my Comand to be updated, even after the salesman told me it would work with an iPhone, but that's a different thread).
CA_0223151745
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Audible warning doesn't work Reply with quote

Tried the settings suggested (active = true & level = warning) but no audible warning on C207 Comand online (2011).
jojo19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i intend to put archies campings on NTG 4.5, but the system don't load the file i have in the PersonalPOI.

i get the file from a garmim GPX file and i didn't understand if i need to make some changes to the file or not.

some help...

pls
wychwoods
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Brilliant! Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone that got the PGPS database into Mercedes Comand format. Very Happy

All I need now is to find out if other important db's like the Good Beer Guide POIs are available in Mercedes format - any ideas?

Cheers,
Frank
CDPDesign
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: 2007 CLS Reply with quote

We have a 2007 CLS320 that has the command unit but no SD card slot. Can the mercedes files be burnt to a CD and uploaded to the unit that way, or does that edition of the Command unit not support the POI's?
vitobrabus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something. Got a 2013 vito with ntg4.5 i think??

Created PersonalPOI folder and unpacked the download to it.... Get in the van, insert sd card, turn on, press navi, select navi in the menu bar.... then I cannot find anything about POI's. Been through all the menus and cant find how to import the data.

Anyone point me in the right direction?
vitobrabus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balls... Turns out I have ntg2.5 so no cameras for me.
m1bjr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: 2013 COMAND has Audible alerts for personal POIs Reply with quote

Hi,
We were banding a few ideas on an MB forum recently.
I have the new E Class with COMAND online (April 2013).
There is a 'bong' sound available as an audible alert now.

It seems you must enable the parameter "warning" in the POI script as earlier in this thread (instead of "information").

This seems to enable a simple chime not unlike a passenger aircraft "fasten seatbelts" gong.

I need to do a little more experimenting yet, but its definitely working for me.
Any POI group enabled with a tick in COMAND produces a gong if the script is set up this way.

The downside is that they seem to be radius (proximity) related and there is no facility for alert 'only on route' like a TomTom device sing camera POIs.

HTH?
Steve
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 COMAND has Audible alerts for personal POIs Reply with quote

m1bjr wrote:
It seems you must enable the parameter "warning" in the POI script as earlier in this thread (instead of "information").

This seems to enable a simple chime not unlike a passenger aircraft "fasten seatbelts" gong.

Is this something that you want changing in the downloaded file? Obviously we'd need to check it didn't have adverse effects on different systems etc...

MaFt
spring167
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am soon to take delivery of a 2013 E class which I believe has Command Online.

As a newbie to this forum where exactly would I find the POIs ncessary to implement the things mentioned in this thread?

Thanks
im333
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

About to take delivery of my new 2013 e class with COMMAND and wait with baited breath as some kind soul points me in the direction of DIY instructions to get this working!

Thanks

im333

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: