Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rain lashed M25
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rain lashed M25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Rain lashed M25 Reply with quote

Nearly met my maker yesterday,On the M25 early morning extreme heavy rain,bad viz,I was more than content to keep to the inside lane at under 70mph,unlike some! a 4x4 in the out side lane going very fast next thing I know he is going across in front of me sideways he hit the barrier on his offside front and skids along backwards,rear bumper flying through the air and over my car,all that's going through my mind is please do not bounce back out into the outer lanes !it all happened so fast and I confess it shook me up,it bring it home to you how quick these accidents happen.

TomTom 520
Christmas Draw 2010 Grand Final Winner Garmin Nuvi 1490TV
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,had something like that a few years ago on the way to Rugby. A small car in the middle lane lost control, banged into a lorry on its nearside, swerved into the central barrier, and somersaulted twice. The driver rushed out and grabbed the central barrier obviously in shock. I was two cars back and had no time to react, he could have ended up anywhere. Ever since then I have been very cautious in heavy, high speed traffic, but on the M25 there is no place to go...
Kia In-dash Tomtom
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar incident unfold infront of me some years ago, I was driving North on the M6 approaching Southwaite services when I saw a big strip of rubber shoot up from the back of an RV towing a little hatchback. Within seconds the RV started weaving left and right in an ever growing tank slapper till it flipped on it's side, rolled over & slid sideways down the centre lane. Meanwhile the little hatchback had escaped it's tether & came to rest agains the central reservation some way in front of the RV. The driver & front passenger escaped through the broken front windscreen and another passenger was eventually air lifted off by a helicopter, hopefully she was ok. Luckily the M6 was quiet & all the following traffic managed to stop without further incident, but it was a sobering few seconds all caused by a delaminated tyre!
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit of info regarding M25
New specs cameras being installed both directions between j5 and j6

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: