Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Alternative Route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternative Route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Alternative Route Reply with quote

So far, my wife is/was reasonably impressed...with her San Francisco Mobile and Sygic that is, although she still likes her old Iphone and still insists on looking at a paper map before setting off.
Today however, on our way back home from 'Up North', Sygic wanted to take us a different way to normal.. (on Fastest setting.) Switching on to my Tom Tom it told us to carry on as normal...(it didn't actually say 'ignore Sygic, but I got the message.) As she was driving I thought I would try to find a button on Sygic to find an 'Alternative Route'....but I gave up....is there such an option ?
Of course, as you can imagine this was mannor from heaven for my wife....'told you so'....'waste of money'.... 'don't you know the way home by now?' etc. etc.
And a Happy New Year To One And All.
maxdot
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell the only way of changing from one routing method to another is go back to Menu - Settings - Route Planning - Route computing - Choose a new default between Fastest/Shortest/Economic - Back. For habitués of TomTom this seems very cumbersome indeed. Much easier and more logical would be Menu - Route - Route Options - A new button offering to switch to another routing parameter. A whole lot more useful than a 7-day weather forecast, for example, but then whoever listens to the user!
Maxdot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: