Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP!! Southwark parking
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!! Southwark parking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Another Forum Please Reply with quote

Can I suggest a seperate forum is set up for 'Information Wanted', as I guess a number of us would like a camera or whatever checked out on occasion ?
Gretel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Parking tickets Reply with quote

I got a ticket in a pay & display car park some years ago. I had just parked and gone to the ticket machine to pay, by the time I got back to the car (Less than a minute)I had already been "ticketed". Shocked I went straight to the car park "office" to complain & asked for the ticket to be torn up. The "Jobsworth" said he couldn't tear it up because he had a carbon copy in his book, he suggested I take the ticket and my payment ticket to the parking office in the town centre to have it anulled. I said OK I'll go and do that now. I went & got the ticket anulled bought the one item I'd gone into the town for and returned to the car only to find another ticket stuck to my windscreen! Mad Back I go to the car park office only to be told I shouldn't have gone the same day to have the tickett anulled because I should have left my payment ticket on show in the car! I told him in no uncertain terms that as I lived 10 miles away I was not going to go home and come back the next day (paying again to park) just to save him getting told off for being stupid. I told him that I was going immediately to the parking office to get this 2nd ticket anulled and if I found a third on my car when I got back I would sue him personnally for all I could get, and other unmentionable threats! (I quite surprised myself, I'm usually quite a calm person) The people in the parking office were astounded when I appeared for the 2nd time, they anulled the 2nd ticket and said they would "talk" to the "Jobsworth" in the car park. Thankfully there was not a 3rd ticket on my windscreen when I returned to the car again, otherwise I might have exploded on the spot!
RandyChasewater
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Parking fines Reply with quote

I've got 4 people off parking fines. London is different from up here in Leeds so I'm not familier with the rules exactly but it's easy to stall the payment at least by appealing. If you can wade through the 'Traffic signs & general directives 2002'

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3113/contents/made

while you watch Corrie' for a few nights you can see what parking bays should be like and what signs apply to what bays. Width of bays are relevant too if you can get someone to measure them for you couple of mm too narrow and your home and dry, even double or single lines at the end are relevant to box lengths.
You can challenge the PCN informally on whatever grounds you wish straight away and ask them to supply you with a copy of the 'Traffic Regulation Order' and check they have done the signing correctly. That can buy you up to 28 days and then if you find an error you can formally challenge it and buy a bit more time, then go to adjudication and buy a bit more time.
There's plenty of websites telling you how to get off fines.There must be dozens of people down there who'd love to de-smirk Parking Services or whatever they call themselves. I look at it this way. If your gonna pay them £65 MAKE THEM EARN IT!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK everybody, thanks for all contributions to date.

Update is that Postman Pat delivered today not one but TWO PCNs, one from the nice lady traffic warden person and one from the nice CCTV person! Different times (10 minutes apart), different PCN numbers, so they want two lots of £65 from me if I hurry and pay up, two lots of £130 if I take my time over it.

As I hoped, the nice lady has only put the location as Borough High Street, so she's had it as far as I'm concerned - My immediate response is to challenge (make a representation) that no offence was committed as I was in a permitted place, namely a loading bay. She didn't manage to identify a precise location and didn't manage to take a snapshot.

The CCTV may be more of a problem, so I'm off to Pepipoo (with both of them actually).

I really want to get off both of these - dammit, I already paid them £10 Congestion Charge supposedly for what? It took me 55 minutes to get from W1K 4BJ to SE1 1NL - less than 4 miles - even with my nicotine ravaged lungs, I think I might have come close to beating that on foot!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE AGAIN

Having sent off email representations against both tickets, I got auto replies that they'd deal with it within 15 working days.

After 13 working days, I got a notice saying one of them had now been doubled and increased to a total of £195 because I'd done nothing - to which I instantly replied by email with copies of my email representation and the attachments thereto, complete with their acknowledgement email, and saying I considered they now had only two working days in which to respond, failing which I would consider the charge notice withdrawn/lapsed by time. Apart from another auto reply to that, nothing has been forthcoming.

Then yesterday I had a letter in relation to the other ticket. It starts by saying the ticket has been cancelled due to an administrative error. So if I had meekly paid up, the admin error would not have been applied and they'd have been quids in!! It went on to say blurb about it being nothing to do with my representations and not to be taken as affecting any other parking tickets, that photos were not required because the ticket had been attached to my van - which it plainly had NOT, since they issued the original ticket by post saying it was because the traffic warden had been unable to attach it! Interestingly, they have now also enclosed a photo showing my van, but with the registration number obscured by the pedestrian fence (I know it's mine because I can just vaguely recognise my "pgpsw camera spotter" sticker Twisted Evil ).

So I await the outcome of the other ticket.

Many thanks to those who helped by sending me photos - although they were not used yet, they are still here waiting to see if they are needed to progress any further appeal.

AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One down and one to go. Good news DennisN, fingers crossed for the other one to be cancelled.

However, whilst I am truly pleased for you, your story makes me mad.

I imagine that traffic wardens and CCTV operators don't have very a complicated job. The do the same thing day in, day out. See somebody violating the traffic/parking rules, take the details and issue a ticket. How do they manage to get it wrong? Officials such as these are paid from our taxes, our fines, our money and they are so incompetent at times, wasting our money, money we work hard for, it just makes me so angry!
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Dennis, good for you. With you all the way.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
However, whilst I am truly pleased for you, your story makes me mad.

Yes, you're quite right. But I am in two camps on this - it's ridiculous that incompetents should be on our payroll and it's down to management that such is the case - if they trained and supported wardens properly, these silly situations wouldn't arise and all tickets would be watertight. But I imagine in my case, the pressure is on to dish out tickets rather than ensure they are correct - once the warden started the process, she was unable to cancel it, even though she got it wrong, no discretion. She's similar to a walking Gatso - click or nothing!

On the other hand, as a whitevanman I have deliveries to make and councils who say simply No Parking/Loading give us no help at all. What am I supposed to do? I'm a stranger to just about everywhere I deliver, not familiar with all the little hidey holes which the local delivery drivers know and use. So am I supposed to go trecking round the neighbourhood, contributing to the congestion and traffic pollution? Their website says they use enforcement to assist traffic flow, but it actually assists their budget, which is wrong.

I have no wish at all to park illegally and often (as I did in this instance) drive up and down seeking a loading bay. I do NOT knowingly park illegally and didn't do so on this occasion. So I'm fighting these two tickets because it wasn't fair, not because I didn't park there.

AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN, I agree completely with you. I was in no way attacking you, just the Numpty's who should be in control and waste our money like every day is a Christmas Day. Apologies if I have offended.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never even crossed my mind that you might be having a go at me Ali, just talking sense.

If you think about it, you have to feel some sympathy for the wardens - "Right you lot, get out there and get me 35 tickets each today!" or whatever their quota is. Not "get me 35 watertight tickets".

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update

Yesterday arrived a letter about the second ticket....

"Due to an error in the handling of correspondence in this case, the above penalty charge notice has now been cancelled". Once again, it adds that this decision does not affect the outcome of any other notices issued under similar circumstances.

Whilst I'm chuffed, it still begs the question, how many tickets are pursued when the offender starts the appeal process?

Once again, my sincere thanks to those who offered help in this. The photos were not used, but would have been if TfL had persisted with the notices.

AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful news DennisN. I'll raise a glass to your good fortune later today.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one DennisN. As I am now newly retired, I'm off to the pub for a pint of Addlestones Cloudy Cider to celebrate - and the sun is shining which also helps.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Whilst I'm chuffed, it still begs the question, how many tickets are pursued when the offender starts the appeal process?
I've got a pound note to wager the fact that they havn't changed the confusing signs though. Any takers Question
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
DennisN wrote:
I've got a pound note to wager the fact that they havn't changed the confusing signs though. Any takers Question

On reflection, the signs are not confusing - this bay is 10-4, that one is 10-1, another is 1-4, another 10-7 and so on. Maybe it's to sort of stagger the obstructions? It's ony confusing to a yokel from the sticks like me (kind of reminds me of when my mum used to say "Stop crying, or I'll give you a smack that'll make you cry on the other side of your face" Shocked - Mums were allowed to give you a smack back then when you got home from t'workhouse to eat your piece of coal).

But next time I go anywhere near a red zone, there will be absolutley no chance of me being done for offending - which means their enforcement policy has actually stopped one more person parking at the wrong place and time ever again. I don't approve of the way they do it though!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: