Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [v8-Android] CoPilot 8 Live for Android Reviewed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[v8-Android] CoPilot 8 Live for Android Reviewed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
therm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update,

I've just tried the 'reset factory defaults' option. This time i saw the green bars on the integrating panel, pressed cancel several times and now I have 5 sub directorys in copilot eu-uk-save user-places and the original files have disappeared from the copilot-save directory. One thing though, each of the pocketgps-uk directories has only 3 files in each not about 18 as you mentioned there should be and I still can only see the original speedcams icon when i view the map.
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry therm, I didn't realise you had downloaded Alk's safety cams, these need to be removed or they take priority over PGPSW safety cams.
To remove these:-

Link phone to PC

on SD card

Delete Copilot - EU - UK - Save - user_places - poi_uk.safetycam (directory & contents) (these are the Alk safety cams)

Delete Copilot - EU - UK - Save - poi_uk.safetycam_ xxxxxx.ezp (xxx=version numbers, if you don't remove this file the Alk safetycams re-install on startup).

Sorry but delete all the PGPSW safetycam directories & contents.

Ensure there are no safetycam files in Copilot - save directory, if there is delete them.

leave the PC connected and copy the 1st pair of PGPSW safetycam files to the Copilot - save directory, disconnect from PC etc - etc - as previous directions.

Stick with it, I think the combination of Copilot with PGPSW safetycams and CamAlert is 1st class and well worth the trouble once they are working & the settings, in CamAlert, are tuned to your own preferences.

Know what you mean about hair, most of mine went long ago, must be a combination of technology & 1st name.

Ian D
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
therm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duddy,

Tried all as you suggested and I think it's nearly right. Two things still though, 1/ I don't show a poi_uk.safetycam_xxxx=version number in the EU-UK-Save directory, only the normal poi_uk.safetycam file which keeps reinstalling and 2/ I am only showing three files in the pocketgps-uk-specs folder and the specs icon is not showing on the map. I have 18 files in all other pocketgps directory's.

Thanks again.
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therm wrote:
Hi Duddy,

Tried all as you suggested and I think it's nearly right. Two things still though, 1/ I don't show a poi_uk.safetycam_xxxx=version number in the EU-UK-Save directory, only the normal poi_uk.safetycam file which keeps reinstalling and 2/ I am only showing three files in the pocketgps-uk-specs folder and the specs icon is not showing on the map. I have 18 files in all other pocketgps directory's.

Thanks again.

I think the Alk safety cams are causing the problem.

When you connect to your PC is your windows Explorer set to show hidden files, poi_uk.safetycams may be a hidden file.

Search the whole of the CoPilot directory, on the Sim card, for the poi_uk.safetycams file and delete it, if it's re-installing Alk safety cams it must be somewhere in there.

As an aside did you download Copilot via the market or via the web on your mobile or PC and what version of windows are you running on the PC.

Keep pluggin Wink
therm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duddy,

You Sir, are a star!!

The file was a hidden file in Copilot-save directory. Deleted that and the poi-ukcams file, deleted pocketgps specs files,re-installed them, ran copilot and they are now showing on the map.!!

I downloaded the copilot from the market place, i run windows vista

A huge thank you to you for your patience helping me with this.

Regards,

Ian C.

Hope this thread can be of use to the next person who struggled like me. Could this be put in a thread of its own and pinned do you think?
dredmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just won version 8 of co-pilot via the pocketworld twitter competiton, I'm finding my feet with it atm. @duddy when you say copy the 1st pair of safetycam files, is that out of each folder? like gatso, specs mobile redlight and p.mobile folder?
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dredmann wrote:
I just won version 8 of co-pilot via the pocketworld twitter competiton, I'm finding my feet with it atm. @duddy when you say copy the 1st pair of safetycam files, is that out of each folder? like gatso, specs mobile redlight and p.mobile folder?

Congrats:
Yes copy gatso.csv & gatso.png into the CoPilot "save" folder
disconect from PC & run CP.
repeat for other pairs of camera types.
Smile
dredmann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Smile
Edit: Trying to install all the different cameras at one go into my Desire didn't seem to work, as only gatsos showed on the map. I ended up having to install each camera type individually. Pain in the ass but it seems ok now.
Pjsmiffy1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: It works Most of the time. Reply with quote

It navigated me through France including some city centre driving with the minimum of hassle.

I wedged the phone between the windscreen an the dash and kept the phone hooked to the cars 12v power supply.

The downsides
It lost its POIs in France but kept the history(Needed a reinstall to fix (Had a backup on the computer)
It burns power quickly and keeps running in the background unless exited.

Pluses
No Data connection needed
Previous destinations saved.
Easy to download maps of lots of the world.
Adjustable speed profiles for different vehicles.
Clear display day and night

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: