Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - jacket driver for ipaq navigation system h3970. pls help.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

jacket driver for ipaq navigation system h3970. pls help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stella76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: jacket driver for ipaq navigation system h3970. pls help. Reply with quote

Hi. i started using my old ipaq h3970 running windows ce and i want to use the gps jacket it came with. i lost the original cd that had the driver for the gps.

i installed the 3.1.1 driver for my old ipaq navigation system jacket. i found the 311 driver on here but i think it the wrong one as igo 8 says the gps receiver cannot be found with that driver installed. im looking all over the the net and see i need one specialy made for thy Ipaq Navagtion System and not navman jacket as the jackets look the same but use different drivers.

any one here have the driver i need.

please send it to me.

Thanks,

Stella.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure the iPaq Navigation System jacket could only be used with the Compaq branded navigation software? It was locked to that software.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this is the answer to your other question about your ipaq
Stella76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is i used to use this old ipaq all the time but the years have passed and ive forgoten how i got it to work last time i need to use it with out the orgininal co-pilot cd. i do remember installing the 311 driver and having it work ok back then with a version of tom tom back then about 2004. but for now and for some reasion igo8 wont reconise the gps jacket even thoegh the 311 driver is installed the same as last time i used it in 04. .
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it has "iPaq Navigation System" printed vertically on the front of the jacket?

That was the jacket that was the catalyst for starting this site and we never managed to hack the jacket to work with anything other than the supplied software.

What software did you use with it in the past?

This is the Compaq iNS Jacket:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/compaqinssw.php

This was the Navman version. Only this was usable on other software (with the right driver):
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/navman3400review.php
Stella76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren. yes it the ins version of the jacket but for sure i have downloaded the 311 driver in past years and it worked fine with tomtom. its just know when i need it the most using igo8 it plays up on me. its kind of odd as the driver seems to be difficult to locate on the web now but going back just a few years there was a regalar site i used to download it from and im prity sure it was strait from a navman site.

im gunna tip my place upside down to find that co-pilot cd as i really need it today like i never needed anything befoe in my life.
Stella

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: