Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin vista with merged topo and city nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin vista with merged topo and city nav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete_vincent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Garmin vista with merged topo and city nav Reply with quote

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post, please do correct me if wrong.
I have merged city nav and topo into one img file and uploaded to sd card. the card is read fine and all maps are present within the handheld device. My problem is I appear to have lost contours; the map display looks just like I am only using city nav though all topo listings are ticked! I am relativly new to handheld devices but far from p.c illiterate. Could anyone other any advice? I dont particularly want to carry multiple micro-sd's around knowing what I'm like for losing little things. Any help much appreciated.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, the device will only display one map at a time - the one it thinks best at that zoom level.

So if you want to view the Topo map, you will probably have to uncheck the others in your list of installed maps.

Dales.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: