Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v10.200 software and new features for the Go1000 at last!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v10.200 software and new features for the Go1000 at last!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjdj1689 wrote:
Not had a chance to look at this, so instead of a page where you can get the voices like on the old tomtom now you just add poi and it gives you a list of voices pois , is this correct ?

No, you have to upload every single file individually (but see below).

There is no "library" of stuff to choose from like in the old Home, you can only install stuff you have got already (either on an old TomTom or stored on your PC).

However, if you are trying to copy content from an older model, there is now the "Migration assistant", which will do most of it all in one go.

You can download it from TomTom's website here.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooldood wrote:
jmcmtank wrote:
cooldood wrote:
when i try to install them it tells me..... the poi set you are trying to use cannot be used with your device. check you have the correct file.

i will try converting them to wav format and try again

Are you scrolling down the page to "Community warning sounds on device +Add Warning Sound"?

Yes I was. I shut the pc down to go out when I came back I tried again and the option was there. Installed then deleted so I could rename them, I can now assign them without going through every single one to find the correct one.

For reference, you need to upload .ogg files to the POI part and not the audio warnings. If you upload them to the POI part then tey will automagically be linked to the POI files with matching names. If, like me, you added them to the audio-warnings instead then you need to assign each alert with a POI. To make it worse, the current version (AFAIK) doesn't put the files in any sort of order...

MaFt
jmcmtank
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know about adding them to the POI section; too late now! Interestingly MyTomTom has updated again to 3.0.2.344 and typically my 1005 is at work so I don't know if any more functionality has been added.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjdj1689 wrote:
Not had a chance to look at this, so instead of a page where you can get the voices like on the old tomtom now you just add poi and it gives you a list of voices pois , is this correct ?

Hmmm! Not quite; you can certainly add 3rd party POIs, but it does not give you a selection of voices from which to choose. You can browse and upload your own voices...one suggestion is to use those from other devices you might own or have had. The instruction says that for each voice you must have a matching .chk and .vif file. Havn't yet tried it myself - no time but will get around to it idc. Wink

Edit. Sorry just seen that this post has been answered comprehensively
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: v10.200 software and new features for the Go1000 at last Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
At last, the long promised ability to load POIs, voices, Warning sounds etc. has been implemented.

I've been lucky enough to have a sneak preview of this functionality, and it works well.
It's still a long slow process to load stuff, but even that may be improved soon.

Andy, are you able to elaborate on this? I've recently been thinking of upgrading my trusty old 520 to a model with Live Traffic, but as I use a lot of POIs (albeit without customised voices etc), I've been unwilling to invest in a 1000.

A 550 seems like the most appropriate model at the moment, but if TT are going to make the process of loading POI files as simple on the 1000 as it is on older models, then I may just hang on a bit longer!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: v10.200 software and new features for the Go1000 at last Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
At last, the long promised ability to load POIs, voices, Warning sounds etc. has been implemented.

I've been lucky enough to have a sneak preview of this functionality, and it works well.
It's still a long slow process to load stuff, but even that may be improved soon.

Andy, are you able to elaborate on this? I've recently been thinking of upgrading my trusty old 520 to a model with Live Traffic, but as I use a lot of POIs (albeit without customised voices etc), I've been unwilling to invest in a 1000. !

With good timing.... Yes I now can!

TomTom have now launched (very quietly) the "Content Transfer Assistant", which is intended to copy all your POIs, voices, map colour schemes, car cursors and start-up/shutdown images across from an old model to a new one in one go.

You can download it from the TT website here.

The only real issue I had with it so far its that one time, it copied all the POIs from my 940 twice, so I had to delete all the duplicates one by one!
avdl1999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last!! Thanks Andy and MaFt for the pointers. I got .ogg files working a treat! Very Happy

For those who maybe struggling makes sure your files are all named the same. e.g

...gatso_30.bmp
...gatso_30.ov2
...gatso_30.ogg

As MaFt pointed out, ensure all of these files are uploaded through the 'add poi' function on the tomtom webpage for adding community content.

On the device, when setting up warning near a poi, select 'sound effect' and hey presto! I just done a route demo and it all works a charm! Very Happy

Thanks TomTom and thanks again for advising about the update!

Cheers,

Andy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

For reference, you need to upload .ogg files to the POI part and not the audio warnings.

avdl1999 wrote:

As MaFt pointed out, ensure all of these files are uploaded through the 'add poi' function on the tomtom webpage for adding community content.

But for (more) reference, it DOES still work if you add them in the audio warnings section and select therm manually.

So for those of us used to the "sounds" folder method on the old models you can carry on doing it like that. (But as MaFt says, the order they appear on screen seems pretty random at the moment!)
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: v10.200 software and new features for the Go1000 at last Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
With good timing.... Yes I now can!

TomTom have now launched (very quietly) the "Content Transfer Assistant", which is intended to copy all your POIs, voices, map colour schemes, car cursors and start-up/shutdown images across from an old model to a new one in one go.

So if I understand this correctly, this new system is great for copying "stuff" from an old TT to a new 1000 (or similar), but not much cop for setting up the new model from scratch, or for regularly updating the same set of POIs - speed cameras for example.

It may be worth keeping the old model, updating this as per the current method, then doing a Content Transfer to the new device. Have I got this correct? Or is there a way of directly updating the temporary storage on the PC?
jmcmtank
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avdl1999 wrote:
At last!! Thanks Andy and MaFt for the pointers. I got .ogg files working a treat! Very Happy

For those who maybe struggling makes sure your files are all named the same. e.g

...gatso_30.bmp
...gatso_30.ov2
...gatso_30.ogg

On the device, when setting up warning near a poi, select 'sound effect' and hey presto! I just done a route demo and it all works a charm! Very Happy

Cheers,

Andy

Had a go using this method with my other TT, 1000, and got the "POI set cannot be used with your device" error. Re-booting the PC, Win7 64b, solved the problem.
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Speed cam question Reply with quote

Can anyone clarify the following for me please:
With the latest my tom-tom software when adding the pgpsw speed cams via the add community button....does the pgpsw cam icon still display in the top left corner of the screen as the cams location ahead is announced?
Many thanks,
Peter
jmcmtank
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does.
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmcmtank wrote:
Yes it does.

Thanks Very Happy
avdl1999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmcmtank wrote:
avdl1999 wrote:

...gatso_30.bmp
...gatso_30.ov2
...gatso_30.ogg

Cheers,

Andy

Had a go using this method with my other TT, 1000, and got the "POI set cannot be used with your device" error. Re-booting the PC, Win7 64b, solved the problem.

Glad you got it working mate. Windows 7 can be a bit flaky, although more to do with MyTT software running on 64bit OS I reckon. My Windoze 7 32 bit hasn't had any issues running MyTT though.

Cheers
avdl1999
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

With these 'new' features that have been added to the GO 1000, is it possible to add a custom voice for arriving at your destination?

I was looking through my GO 530 back up and I noticed a file called arrive.tlv and also a custom voice folder with arrive.wav

I tried to upload the .tlv file using the add voice within mytomtom but got an error about it not being supported. I added the .wav file but it is only there as an option for a warning sound.

I am assuming that such functionality isn't supported at the mo??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: