Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman se not working - help required please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman se not working - help required please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amcluesent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As your 3970 has bluetooth, why not give up on the Navman sleeve and use TT3 with a bluetooth GPS?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plexy wrote:
tried that darren - not supported message.
i read the instructions :-

2. Install Smart ST Pro Europe from the original CD's if not already installed. (Very Important)

i haven't got the SST software though and it does say very important.
does the SST contain the driver that gets updated by the 3.1.6 ?

That's not the issue, despite what they say in the install.txt the driver is independent of SmartST.

As has been spotted by as 'amcluesent' has spoted I agree that WM2003 is the problem here, Navman list other WM2003 iPAQ models (e.g. 5550) as being compatible but it's possible that it's use with 3rd party apps is not supported.

I agree that a call to Navman is required or as has also been suggested better still, get a BT GPS, you'll find the improvements in reception sensitivity worth the investment.
plexy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contacted navman.........apparently the 'upgrade' has bugs in it that make the navman & other accessories not work. :x

any ideas how to downgrade to pc2002 (no upgrade disc or backup) as it looks like HP won't be bothering to fix this problem?
amcluesent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Companies like http://www.ipaqrepair.co.uk/view_product.php?product=76 will restore an iPaq ROM after a bodged OS upgrade. They may be able to re-install PC2002. Otherwise, suggest looking at the bluetooth approach and selling the Navman SE sleeve on e-bay - might see £100 for it.
singe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Sleeve on or off when installing serial 3.1.6 driver. Reply with quote

"It's been a long long (very long) time since I've installed drivers onto a Navman sleeve, but what I would suggest is you

1) uninstall TomTom ~ GPS and TomTom GPS in Remove Programs.
2) Soft Reset
3) Download Serial 3.1.6 driver (from this link as we know this version works.
4) Summon the rain god (whoops, wrong post-but can't help trying!)
5) Install Serial 3.1.6 driver
6) Check SE Software is working
7) Re-install TomTom GPS and see if it breaks at this point.

At 5, I can't remember whether the sleeve needs to be on or off the iPAQ. I have a hunch that it needs to be on, but I'd suggest performing a soft reset when you get to point 5 just in case. If it doesn't work with it on, try it with it off."

At 5 I had to have the sleeve off before installing the driver. Then things worked well.

It failed with the sleeve left on.
SamOntario
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plexy wrote:
contacted navman.........apparently the 'upgrade' has bugs in it that make the navman & other accessories not work. :x

any ideas how to downgrade to pc2002 (no upgrade disc or backup) as it looks like HP won't be bothering to fix this problem?

Is your working satisfactory now? Any problem with sensitivity? My Navman SE seems lagging behind 100m render it almost useful when taking turns!
dokteriq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Navman SE IPAQ GPS V2.0A 02180100 Reply with quote

I work for the United Nations in Pakistan. I received an iPAQ 5550 and the GPS sleeve from one of our donors in the europe. Unfortunately the software/manual etc are lost for both devices. I have no past experience with this kind of GPS devices.

I am not sure whats the model of this GPS device as it does not say it on the device. These are the things written on it.

NAVMAN SE
Model: IPAQ GPS V2.0A (Can not find it on navman.com)

Firstly, please tell me if its GPS 3450 cause I am not sure.

Secondly I downloaded the SerialDriver_3_1_6.exe file which helped my iPAQ recognize the sleeve. So I am assuming that worked fine.

Thirdly, what kind of software do I use on my PocketPC to make this thing work? I tried looking up SmartST on Navmans website but apparently its not free. Would I be able to use some other software?

Sorry for all the dumb questions. Thanks for the help guys.
pickles74
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: navman ipaq serial driver 3.1.6 Reply with quote

hi mate i have the driver disc for navman ipaq gps which suppotrs ipaq h3600 ,h3700 , h3800 , h3900 and h5400.
ne good for you ???? . also got gps sensor for ipaq pocket pc.
kingkong8796
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Navman iPAQ 3.1.6 Serial Driver Reply with quote

Hi
my questin is:
did everyone now where i can find this download for Navman iPAQ 3.1.6 Serial Driver?

thanks a lot
Ratbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Navman iPAQ 3.1.6 Serial Driver Reply with quote

kingkong8796 wrote:

did everyone now where i can find this download for Navman iPAQ 3.1.6 Serial Driver?

Here: http://www.ctndata.com/download/download.cgi?NAVMAN_3.1.6.exe
stevevx800
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the driver for the sleeve called DL02 here

http://www.support.navman-europe.com/Downloads/DL02.zip

there is a rom upgrade for the 3450 jacket, it can only be used on the jacket that has the external aerial socket called DL04 here

http://www.support.navman-europe.com/Downloads/DL04.zip

I have them on a 3870 with Navman se sleeve 3450 works perfectly also used with 3970 both with 2003 os, tomtom 6, other nmea receiver, baud rate 57600, navman driver
DL03 is gps info if you need to find your settings

http://www.support.navman-europe.com/Downloads/DL03.zip

VX800

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: