Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GARMIN MOBILE XT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GARMIN MOBILE XT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: GARMIN MOBILE XT Reply with quote

I hope I have posted in the correct section … if not apologise!

I bought a Garmin Mobile XT micro card navigation for my mobile phone.

The problem is I don’t really have a clue as to what I’m doing. The sat/nav worked and as I was curious, I look through the various pages and read a bit on the internet. It appeared I had quite an old version of what must be the software, the specific number I can’t remember, but I think it was something along the lines of V4.10.60 … could well be wrong!

Anyhow, I decided to follow the instruction and put the micro card inside a bigger type card and put it into my P.C. I then went onto download a newer version of Garmin Mobile XT … that version would have started with V5.

I then as best as possible tried to get the thing up and running, and frankly it’s never worked since I tried to update the thing “big mistake”
All I ever get is “unable to execute file for security reasons” .. my phone is a Nokia E71 … the satnav works an internal GPS device apparently.

I really am not technically minded and I have tried to read how to fix it, but frankly the jargon people talk in is beyond my comprehension.
Is it fixable? … or is it a bin job? … any help would be ever so much appreciated, but it would have to be in an easy to understand way … many thanks!
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: GARMIN MOBILE XT Reply with quote

hoggy wrote:
All I ever get is “unable to execute file for security reasons” .. my phone is a Nokia E71 … the satnav works an internal GPS device apparently.

Is this what you installed? http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3939#Instruct

I'm guessing the message means either

• You've lost the unlock code, or the file it lives in (SW.UNL), for Garmin Mobile XT.
    (I assume you're still using the same SD card as before?)
  • It's a Symbian message to say it's failed to check the licence certificate online ... is your phone's Internet Access ok?
  • or maybe the file's corrupt?
hoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your responce Phil ... yes that is the webpage I used to download the update. I then put the small SD card in a large SD and put it into the slot in my laptop ... I then downloaded the update saving it to the micro card. I then fitted it back into my Nokia E71 mobile phone

This micro card is the original card I bought, it's a Garmin Mobile XT microcard ... prior to me doing this it worked fine ... I just thought it was a simple thing to do ...

I'm totally baffled ... I have'nt the faintest way how to sort things out ... I have even tried to download the original version back onto the micro card ... no luck ...

Any help mate much appreciated indeed ... Wink
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin support are helpful:
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/uk/contact

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: