Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mazda CX-7 Navteq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mazda CX-7 Navteq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_Londesbrough
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Mazda CX-7 Navteq Reply with quote

Anyone know how I can load safety cameras to the Mazda in-dash Navteq system in my CX-7. It is an SD card based system, no mention of custom POIs in the manual.
pilchardo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: mazda cx-7 sat nav (SD card) Reply with quote

My 2010 CX-7 has this sat nav, uses Navteq maps and is made(?) by Denso Corp. It would be great to add more POI's and also to activate the TMC (which works in France where the messages come in english too) for UK.
The software on the SD card also runs the backup camera and on-board computer display stuff too.
Looking at the Mazda6 forums the software isnt so simple to "hack" so a loader or something may be needed. Is it written in ADA ?
Hopefully someone on this site may know how to add the cameras - I do miss them. However, having tried to read the SD card in 2 pc's at home with no success (other than Vista offering to format the memory card - Oh how we love Vista!!) I wonder whether it would be safer just to buy a little GPS camera unit to stick somewhere on the dash (its big enough on CX-7).
Not quite as simple as the old Tomtom Go where we just copied the files across. Progress.

P.S. I've just read elsewhere that even with POI's added there's no proximity warning built into the system (on a Mazda 6 at least) so perhaps we wont benefit anyway.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian has asked again whether there are any plans for PGPSW to produce a version of the camera database for his Mazda device

Here's all I could say in reply...

I see you raised this question at the beginning of the year and 'pilchardo' answered with some useful background info. Unfortunately, from his investigations, it didn't look too hopeful.

The problem going forward is that unless someone who actually has the system can get information out of the manufacturers (or can work it out themselves), there's not a lot that PGPSW can do to know what they would need to create.

Have you tried contacting Mazda and asking them if it's possible to add "third-party POIs"?

But the fact the device doesn't appear to be able to give audible warnings for POIs might mean it's of limited help?
thomasrandy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of tech stuffs on the cars today! Thanks God Ford owns the whole fleet. They added some these American Components to Japanese made cars.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: