Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Rider V1 not charging...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Rider V1 not charging...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulW21781
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: TomTom Rider V1 not charging... Reply with quote

Hi all

Just got myself an ex-display Rider V1 from Halfords for literally a few pence. But the battery seems to be completely goosed...

I've had it on charge now for about 8 hours, it works fine as long as the charger is plugged in (the battery indicator is full, and it doesn't say charging) Yet as soon as I unplug the charger, it just switches off...

So just wondering, how easy is it to change the battery on these? The only video online I've found for swapping is for the V2... I tried to get into the thing (removed all 4 security screws), but I just couldn't get the bottom to seperate...

Also, the little door cover for the USB, Charger and SD Card is missing, and the dowel rod is bent... Is it easy enough to source a replacement part for this bit?

Other than those few problems, its running perfectly Smile

Cheers!
Courierman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep at it ,it can take 5 or 6 times for a battery to hold a charge, a first charge can take 18 hrs,but if they'v had it on for 24/7 for the last 6 months then get a new one from old boys shop
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If the battery is goosed there are many available on a well know auction site. The battery in the ride is a cylindrical one . To split the cover if it is the same as the V2 there are 4 torx screws that are visible and 2 that are covered by plugs on the rear either side of the sd card cover.

I would be very cautious using it in the wet without the cover for the drive bay.

You may find a broken one on the same auction site that you can use as a donor.
PaulW21781
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replies! I've since ordered a battery from said auction site, so should be here this coming week all going well! As for the cover, I can't see any other V1's on there for bits... I've also emailed a few "Sat Nav Repair Shops" I googled, but only 1 replied so far saying that the door is out of stock... I'm sure I'll get something figured out or fabricated if need be though Smile

*edit*

I've also just raised a question with TomTom online in regards to the possibility of getting a replacement part from them (the Door) and if they don't supply, do they know if the V2 door will fit the V1, and visa-versa...

Fingers crossed!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: