Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why then is map wrong
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why then is map wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popcornpopcorn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Why then is map wrong Reply with quote

I have a merc ,nav teq on board,I needed to update the disc from 2004 to 2009.With the new disc i entered a location some 10 miles from where i live.I took me down a private road cul du sac told me to take an invisable road into the farm.You have made remarks about the new specs on updating of which are suposed to be much better,if thats the case then why is this bad error not on my old disc of 2004.Can you give me a phone number or address of whom i can speak to or write to.Regards John.Ps Would you know wether nav teq or Mercedes are responsible for the almost Non exsistant po is on the disc/dvd?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You have made remarks about the new specs on updating of which are suposed to be much better,if thats the case then why is this bad error not on my old disc of 2004

Why are you asking us? The map data provider is Navteq, it's their data and their map so any issues with it are theirs.

I've no idea what 'non exsistant po' is meant to mean? if you mean POI or even Postal Codes then that too is Navteq's issue not Mercedes.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Why then is map wrong Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure I follow you... Confused

All mapping is instantly out of date, at any point in time new roads will be being built etc so the map is only a snapshot of the time the data was added to a disc/printed.

Perhaps the NavTeq maps had a public footpath or bridleway that the Merc system treated as being an actual road?

popcornpopcorn wrote:
You have made remarks about the new specs on updating of which are suposed to be much better,if thats the case then why is this bad error not on my old disc of 2004.

sorry, i don't understand what you're saying here!

popcornpopcorn wrote:
Can you give me a phone number or address of whom i can speak to or write to.Regards John.Ps Would you know wether nav teq or Mercedes are responsible for the almost Non exsistant po is on the disc/dvd?

you would need to correct the error via NavTeq's website here: http://mapreporter.navteq.com

The POIs will be from the mapping data.

MaFt
popcornpopcorn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: mercedes nav teq Reply with quote

Thanks for your replys,seems like i've made it compicated......Lets simplyfy it/Ref the route being wrong,,,,, nav took me down a wrong road,to take a road to the left which was not there OR has never been there.WHY because as i said this is the 2009 edition nav teq map,my old disc the 2005 edition does NOT have this error.IT clear to me it has been a nav teq update error.YES it is nav teqs fault NOT Mercedes.I have complained to nav teq by phone,they are just as confused as you guys.As for the very poor limited poi s that is not nav teqs fault they told me Quote" we have all the poi s you want listed on our maps but it is down to Mercedes themselves to put on what they want to" unquote.Is that better explained. Whilst online let me tell you of an other nav teq error.I recently went to Towyn North Wales,now when loading that it was taking ,me 40 miles south of north wales.I traced the route and there it was TOWYN and yet as you all know Towyn is north Wales 10 miles right of Llandadno.I checked that on the map too,and there it is,The correct Towyn, can anyone explain that kind of map error?.Thanks John
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: mercedes nav teq Reply with quote

popcornpopcorn wrote:
Whilst online let me tell you of an other nav teq error.I recently went to Towyn North Wales,now when loading that it was taking ,me 40 miles south of north wales.I traced the route and there it was TOWYN and yet as you all know Towyn is north Wales 10 miles right of Llandadno.I checked that on the map too,and there it is,The correct Towyn, can anyone explain that kind of map error?.Thanks John

Easy Peasy. On my Tele Atlas maps, there are two Towyns in Wales. One in Clwyd and the other in Gwynedd. Presumably the one that you wanted was the Clwyd one, but navigated to the Gwynedd one. Or does not the nav tech maps show the Clwyd one?

popcornpopcorn wrote:
can anyone explain that kind of map error?.

Yes. Nav Teq have made a mistake Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: