Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sygic Mobile 2009 Reviewed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sygic Mobile 2009 Reviewed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the latest release (via McGuider Assistant) the core software of McGuider is now the same as the version of Sygic Mobile reviewed here (version 7.71). Looking at the screenshots everything looks the same as the new version.
2251jonathan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok many thanks.

One very last question - I assume Mcguider has full 7 digit postcode search?
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly does for me. Just make sure you run all the McGuider Assistant updates when you get it as there is a map update (its quite large) and the software update.
2251jonathan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i said in my last post it was my last question but,.......

I am about to go from a winmo phone to symbian is mcguider really that bad in symbian phones or do the updates mentioned in the previous post sort this out?

Many thanks

Embarassed
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Symbian user but from what I have heard most the issus there have been (especially with custom POIs) have been resolved with the updates.
If one of the existing users who uses Symbian sees this I am sure they will correct or confirm as required.
Wlodek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: iPhone Sygic (EU) ? Reply with quote

I have been using Sygic/Mcguider for a few months on SE P1i and I am reasonably happy with it. One glitch I noticed was with recovering from lost GPS signal, say emerging from a tunnel. What cured it was restarting the application, which is a bit of an annoyance when you are driving.

I am now a happy iPhone user and I am trying to make up my mind between the three: Sygic, Navigon and TT.

Function-wise, judging from the reviews I have seen to date, they are all quite basic with no traffic information at this stage (but planned). None (correct me if I am wrong) will have text to speech in this release, that is they won't at the moment read out the street names.

The Sygic (AU) reviewers sound happy, so perhaps the hiccups I had on the SE phone have been dealt with. So are the Navigon ones. I called Navigon pre-sales support and they confirmed that custom POI are planned.

I am also curious about the pricing/updates policies of the three. Based on the past record, only TT has the subscriptions for basic services like traffic, the other two do not (Navigon uses TMC, free in some countries.)

I like the clear interface of Navigon, Sygic has more information on all screens, which reflect different policies on minimal (or not) UI. TT UI is well established and very polished and somewhere in the middle when it comes to the amount of information presented.

I am trying to see what the differences are at the moment, to help me make up my mind. I would like to be able to compare the current plans and pricing policies too.

I would appreciate any hints to this effect.

Best wishes,
W.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: