Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Navman Reply with quote

Hi I have just purchased a Navman S80. I returned the Medion to Aldi, One of the reasons was that the mapping was 2007, I e-mailed Medion and explained about the mapping to ask if there was any chance of an update,
Oh yes if I paid £99, no chance.
Now the Navman becuse it was purchased in the last quarter of 2008 I am entitled to an map update.
Now is it possible to use Pockets World Camera data base on it, if so how do I take the original camera data base off ? there is no where in the software any mention of the camera`s, you can add and take off any of the POI`S, also is it possible to add voices? or can you only use them that came with the navman.
Now the navman has a SD card slot, what can it be used for. Shocked
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to disable the built in Navman camera database by using the device, the PocketGPSWorld database will work with the hardware you have got, but the unit will have problems if you exceed 12000 individual locations (cumulative across all the custom POI categories you install to the unit). This is a problem for the database as you will need to work out which files you don't want to keep under the limit.

I guess you could put additional maps on to an SD card then use the slot, although it is a while since I have used the Navman devices. For the speed camera installation instructions have a read through This Thread - Mike
korky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Navman Reply with quote

Hi Mike Thanks for the info, yes I found out about the 12000 POI`S HE HE
i started installing all sorts on it, had to delete them,
What I was wondering was would the navman read any POI from the memory card. Now I am asking that I supose the best way to find out is to try it.
You say disable the camera database, how do I do that? I can`t find a folder that says saftey camera. although I found a camera database on the poifriend site, and tried to install them through the existing category in Navdesk to see if it was possible to over write the originals as saftey camera it would not let me do that. so they must be there somewhere.
All my sons and grandchildren call me the gadget man, I love messing about with things like this, I dont think I am too bad at 69 he he.
I hope that does not put people off answering my question.

Cheers Peter
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Navman Reply with quote

korky wrote:
You say disable the camera database, how do I do that?

If you want to get rid of safety cameras that come with the device you can find the explanation if you search in Navman SatNav Systems Forum on this site. However, that won't help you with 12000 Custom POI limit. Navman's cameras are not in Custom POI format and do not count towards the limit.
korky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: navman Reply with quote

OK thanks for the info will have a look.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: