Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Active 10 abroad
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Active 10 abroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigAl-2418
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Active 10 abroad Reply with quote

I have just returned from 10 day trekking in Nepal to Annapurna base camp and took the Active 10 with me.

I was told by SatMap that it should do all the functionality that it does in the UK, the only difference would be to set the mapping to read the Degrees,minutes and seconds for plotting and the altitude from GPS not the maps.

I should still be able to see the snail trail on the screen but obviously , without a map, it would be on a blue backgroud.

When I got out to Nepal I started the trail logging, when it eventually picked up the satellites! and started walking. At the end of a short walk I noticed that there was no trail and the graphical display below the stats had not moved. it remaining with the starting dot. It was giving a straight line distance and overall distance and elevation/ average speed etc but the graph wasn't moving. Nor were the ascent max and min recording

I stopped the trail and went to convert it to track It appeared to save but when trying to view it it locked up and after waiting 1/2 hr for it gave up as it appeared to have frozen.

I tried various combinations of settings to get the thing to plot without success so gave up very disappointed

On returning I discussed this with SatMap and sent them the file I had saved. They decoded it and the system had saved the bearings but the end file had become corrupted. They returned it and I managed to go into the file, play about and could, via google earth see the route.

Has anyone else been abroad with this device and encountered any similar problems or not. I would be interested to hear.

When I returned to the good old UK I started a trail and it worked perfectly!

cheers
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plotted fine for me around the French Alps earlier this year...apart from one days walk which seemed fine until I went to convert it, and it totally disappeared from view.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: