Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 'Lost' Route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

'Lost' Route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: 'Lost' Route Reply with quote

The following is now the third time this has happened.
Yesterday, completed a walk. Back at the car, stopped the log and immediately converted the trail to a route...I then at the same time copied it to the SD card....got home, both copies showing....changed the route to a 'proper name.'...and deleted the internal copy. Checked the SD version...all seemed well. Went to look for it tonight to post it as a walk on this site...and guess what ? ...it's gone. Very annoying. Next week, I suppose I'll have to save it to the PC as well as soon as I get home. Three times, (not in a row,) is unacceptable.
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried changing the name before copying to the SD card?

There seems an odd disconnect between the file name as shown by a PC and that shown by the A10. Not sure why but it is there and may account for your experience.
Satsync 1.525
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I changed the name once I was home and double checked that they were both on the A10. You think I should rename it on the device before transferring/copying it to the SD card ? (It was a cracking walk as well...perhaps I'll do a re run next week sometime!)
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure its entirely logical (but then there are a number of things about satsync that don't seem exactly logical to me) but I think its worth trying a rename before copying.

But I also think it is worth doing a trial on an unimportant walk before you loose another good one. Wink
Satsync 1.525
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...I'll try it, suffice to say, that I must have saved at least 60+ routes with no problem, just these odd ones...(and I'm sure that I haven't done anything different either!)
I did mention it to Richard at Satmap after I lost the last one in the French Alps, but he was unable to pinpoint a reason.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:
... odd disconnect between the file name as shown by a PC and that shown by the A10.

It's possible the name discrepancy you've noticed is due to Satmap A10 reading the name stored in the GPX/MAP file and not the actual file name, but this shouldn't apply if you renamed using the Satmap A10 itself.

N.B. If you rename the file when copying out/exporting using SatSYNC the walk name is not changed internally so you will get a discrepancy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: