Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatSync - Vista Update problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatSync - Vista Update problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notmyname
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: SatSync - Vista Update problems Reply with quote

I have a Satmap with the latest update and Satsync on my PC I am running Vista Ultimate and Quo. I have to date had no problem using SatSync until I downloaded the 10 vista updates from microsoft dated 12/08/08
After the updates I rebooted and then connected SatMap but my pc would not see it, a window with "please connect SatMap etc" came up, then Satsync was shown as not responding.
I tried all combinations of connecting etc without success. I uninstalled and re-installed SatSync which made no difference.
I then did a system restore which removed the updates and all is back to normal - SatSync working correctly.

Anyone else found this? any idea which of the updates could potentially be causing the problem.

Failing any pointers I suppose I will have to install the updates one at a time and check SatSync after each one

I have emailed SatMap who wont have had chance to reply yet but hoped someone else may have had the same problem
regards Alan
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running Vista Home Premium on my PC and had 13 updates installed on 14 August and one on 16 August. Satsync seems to be working fine I'm pleased to say.
Satsync 1.525
notmyname
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: satsync - vists Reply with quote

All working as it should now - I downloaded all the vista updates one at a time ending with the active-x one without a problem.
Funny things computeres!!
Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: