Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - pixmania - good or not?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

pixmania - good or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once tried to buy a DVD writer from Pixmania.
I've come across some companies with not very good service in my time, but Pixmania were far and away the worst. It was amazing just how many different things they got wrong, and how much time it took me to sort it out when I only ordered one single item.
If I said "Don't touch them with a barge pole" it would not begin to convey how strongly I feel that everyone should avoid them.
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see that the last post on this thread was nearly 18 months ago... only wish I'd spotted it at the time. For anyone thinking that perhaps PixMania have got their problems sorted out, I can tell you all that in my expiericence they seem to have actually got worse...

I ordered a SatNav system from them last November and they promptly sent me an Olympus camera instead. There was then the usual "we need 15 days to exchange" schtick, so I asked for a refund instead. I won't go into the details but there followed ten weeks of the most appalling incompetence I've ever experienced from any company I've dealt with. Basically the staff in the Customer Service Department neither talk to each other nor, indeed, the rest of the company. I got to know the poor ParcelForce courier very well during this period!

In the end I had to get my credit card company involved and they got the transaction reversed within two days.

The moral of the story is this: you take a big gamble with PixMania. If they get order right, then all fine and dandy. But if they get it wrong (which is quitely likely seeing as their dispatch centre is in Paris), then you're on a hiding to nothing. My view is that it is simply not worth the risk.

--

Cheers,

Dave
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveMatthews wrote:
I ordered a SatNav system from them last November and they promptly sent me an Olympus camera instead. There was then the usual "we need 15 days to exchange" schtick, so I asked for a refund instead. I won't go into the details but there followed ten weeks of the most appalling incompetence

I wonder if you could you have kept the camera as an unsolicited gift? Check out Unsolicited Items.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
I wonder if you could you have kept the camera as an unsolicited gift? Check out Unsolicited Items.

I got a FREE fridge from comet using that chesnut! Razz
But you have to do it properly and log every call and letter you send, just in case!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixmania recently came bottom of a survey held by Which Magazine to find the best internet seller.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Pixmania Reply with quote

I bought my 720 t & accessories via amazon, and for that component it was processed via them.
Of all the bits I bought in connection with the purchase, this was only seller who didnt send invoice, for what was clearly the most expensive item.
Got one out of them in end Razz
But makes you wonder what sort of business this is, that doesnt routinely issue invoices for purchases of this value.
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Parrot Bluetooth from Amazon but supplied via Pixmania in January, the charger has now failed and I have returned this to Pixmania for replacement.

I bought this from the Amazon website so my contract is with Amazon, so, if I do not get a replacement fairly soon I will contact Amazon for a free replacement, if this does not work it will be a letter to my credit card company, that usually sorts out the problem Exclamation Exclamation
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trapper wrote:
I bought a Parrot Bluetooth from Amazon but supplied via Pixmania in January

I've heard that Amazon side with the consumer and are pretty hard on their sellers. If a customer complains then the retailer has to come up with a pretty good story pretty quickly or Amazon will just refund the customer....

Otherwise Amazon get a bad name and they aren't going to let that happen..
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy, that's what I'd anticipated. Amazon has a reputation so they do not want to cause good customers grief. I am sure that if Pixmania do not respond Amazon will Exclamation
tillmechanic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is old, but FYI, Pixmania is owned by Fotovista who is in turn owned by DSG. So in summary Pixmania = Dixons Confused
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five weeks after sending the dead mains charger back to Pixmania and I am still waiting for a replacement, so far only apologies and promises from Pixmania. I contacted Amazon as I ordered through their website and my credit card shows as the payment to Amazon. Amazon are buck passing back to Pixmania saying they cannot help and to contact Pixmania who is the supplier, I argue that the seller is Amazon with whom my contract is with and it was they I ordered from and they I paid, if Amazon chose to supply through another company that's a problem for Amazon not me Exclamation

I have advised Amazon I will write to my credit card company and request a charge back due to faulty goods, as items that fail within 6 months of purchase are deemed to have been faulty at time of purchase. I also advised them that I would put my views on every consumer forum I could find Evil or Very Mad

To be fair I can charge via the 12v lead or my USB hub so its not a problem to me, however say I did not have a 12v charger or a USB hub and the mains was the only means of charging? Then 5 weeks without a Hands Free would be very inconvenient.

VERY POOR SERVICE FROM PIXMANIA AND AMAZON
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trapper wrote:
I argue that the seller is Amazon with whom my contract is with and it was they I ordered from and they I paid, if Amazon chose to supply through another company that's a problem for Amazon not me Exclamation

And you are exactly right too....

trapper wrote:
I have advised Amazon I will write to my credit card company and request a charge back due to faulty goods

Do this straight away if they give you any grief. There is a time limit (3 months I think) after which the card company (legally or not I don't know) will try and wash it's hands of the deal.

Setting the card issuer on them will get results dead quick. They don't like it up 'em, sir! They don't like it up 'em at all. Laughing
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are now into August and Pixmania are "Doing their best and will chase the manufacturer" A standard pre-made up email!

Amazon do not seem interested at all stating again that they are not the sellers and I must contact Pixmania Evil or Very Mad

I will not give up on this and have advised both Amazon and Pixmania that I have now published details of this APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE on various forums covering Consumer, Electrical and Photographic so potential customers of Amazon/Pixmania can make up their own minds if they want to risk dealing with them or not.

The unit failed within 6 months (at 5 months actually) so it is not for me to prove the item is faulty, by UK law it is deemed to have been faulty at point of sale!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: