Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NEW: Application Update now for x30: v8.010
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW: Application Update now for x30: v8.010
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: NEW: Application Update now for x30: v8.010 Reply with quote

ADMIN Edit: This thread is for discussion of application updates for x30 devices only. For discussion of Navcore 8 updates for older devices, see the discussion thread here.

I just KNOW someone's going to tell me I MISSED this on the site while doing a search.

But in the event that it is NEW info, and I am not just missing the announcement, just to say that TomTom Home is now telling me there is an Application Update for my Go 730, to:

v 8.010

And it's a 44.8MB file, so around 8 to 10 meg bigger than the last Ap.p Update for x20 devices.

Hope this helps all!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear...

And as such, given the size, it's telling me that there isn't room for it on my device...

When all I have is a new, clean Go 730, plus the Categorised PGPSW Camera POI files, and one or two voice files (as well as Map v805).

So looks like some house-keeping is needed to even get it installed.

Doh.

EDIT:

So I deleted all the SPEECH files in my actual MAP Folder, except the ENGLISH one, to free up 62MB. I hope this was a safe thing to do...?
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full Version Details and date, as per my updated Signature, but so far its too early to say what the changes are, as I am rushing off to an appointment.

Oh, other than every time you use the device in TomTom Home, the next time you use it for real, it tells you the Computer Voice is not recognised, and forces you to first "re-choose" your same old voice file.

That bug STILL seems to be there, so that's not what they've fixed. I see nothing else obvious in the menus just yet that's new either.
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
Full Version Details and date, as per my updated Signature, but so far its too early to say what the changes are, as I am rushing off to an appointment.

Oh, other than every time you use the device in TomTom Home, the next time you use it for real, it tells you the Computer Voice is not recognised, and forces you to first "re-choose" your same old voice file.

That bug STILL seems to be there, so that's not what they've fixed. I see nothing else obvious in the menus just yet that's new either.

Just updated mine, no problem with computer voice, all my configurations remained the same as before this update

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
g0tch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forky wrote:

Just updated mine, no problem with computer voice, all my configurations remained the same as before this update

Same here and all working ok.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forky wrote:
shadamehr wrote:

Are you confirming that if you use Kate as your voice, connect the device to TomTom HOME, AND then OPERATE the device, via the 'simulator' through TomTom Home, that the next time you use the device for real, without a reset, it does NOT ask you to once again choose the voice, with a Warning "Current Voice Not Available"

As to be honest, this has been a known and accepted bug for many many people, ever since v7.48x on the x20 devices, hence why I stayed with 7.221, and as the v8.xxx was loosely based on 7.48x, then even out of the box, my TomTom still suffered this.

All I was reporting, was that the new Firmware has not fixed it Laughing .

Some people reckon they never saw this on 7.48x even though, on x20 devices.

But it is a KNOWN bug, nonetheless, for v8 users too mind.

Also, just now docking my TT to my PC, and then not doing anything, I have just seen a countdown screen, counting down to shut-down my device.

I've never ever come across this before until now, although I AM aware there has always been a "Suspend" image in the device.

Is this a new feature, or just a new behaviour, for an existing feature?

Cheers all.

Oh, also, the first THREE attempts at running my device with the new Firmware the device hung - once AFTER entering my PIN, then on the boot screen, then the next boot actually failed and caused it to reboot itself automatically.

I have NEVER had anything like this happen ever before.

BUT, since then, it's been FINE. So if this happens to you, don't rush back to older firmware - persevere perhaps, as mine seems fine now.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and just so as you all know, it's being semi-officially reported elsewhere, that the new Firmware is now ALSO available for OTHER devices.

That is to say, not only is there a Firmware update, BUT:

It now supports CERTAIN Navcore 8 features.

That is to say, you can now make more Map Corrections a la x30 devices etc, but not yet offering full support for IQ Routes and Advanced Lane Guidance.

This must be the stepping stone towards it however.

Apparently, x20 devices, ONE XL, and also One 3rd Edition.

Yup - NAVCORE 8 for those devices too.

Worth a news post Mods maybe?
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
forky wrote:
shadamehr wrote:

Are you confirming that if you use Kate as your voice, connect the device to TomTom HOME, AND then OPERATE the device, via the 'simulator' through TomTom Home, that the next time you use the device for real, without a reset, it does NOT ask you to once again choose the voice, with a Warning "Current Voice Not Available"

As to be honest, this has been a known and accepted bug for many many people, ever since v7.48x on the x20 devices, hence why I stayed with 7.221, and as the v8.xxx was loosely based on 7.48x, then even out of the box, my TomTom still suffered this.

All I was reporting, was that the new Firmware has not fixed it Laughing .

Some people reckon they never saw this on 7.48x even though, on x20 devices.

But it is a KNOWN bug, nonetheless, for v8 users too mind.

Also, just now docking my TT to my PC, and then not doing anything, I have just seen a countdown screen, counting down to shut-down my device.

I've never ever come across this before until now, although I AM aware there has always been a "Suspend" image in the device.

Is this a new feature, or just a new behaviour, for an existing feature?

Cheers all.

Oh, also, the first THREE attempts at running my device with the new Firmware the device hung - once AFTER entering my PIN, then on the boot screen, then the next boot actually failed and caused it to reboot itself automatically.

I have NEVER had anything like this happen ever before.

BUT, since then, it's been FINE. So if this happens to you, don't rush back to older firmware - persevere perhaps, as mine seems fine now.

Yes I can Confirm that when I updated, nothing changed, Kate still there as before the update. Did not have to re-configure anything. Everything working Hunky Dory. Very Happy

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:

Darren reported it at 1.30. Confused
Samsung Galaxy S21
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
shadamehr wrote:

Darren reported it at 1.30. Confused

Sorry Anita, I had originally posted the news of v8.010 this morning early on, as per my post at top, when at which point there was no mention of ANY of this, befoer heading out to a Corporate Meeting.

I rushed in after my meeting, before rushing back out to my afternoon job (where I type this now, hence the formal/boring tone, due to the company ICT Policy), and read 'elsewhere' (i.e. other sites) about the additional fact that it now seems available for x20 devices, so added the suggestion. Was not aware that by then, Darren had added the news post, but he had PM'd me to mention it too I later noticed, so all makes sense now, rest assured.

Important the members realise this site is not slow in getting the news though - on the contrary, it's the fastest way of getting it out - more so than TT themselves often, rest assured.

On a light-hearted, sad person that I am note, can i just say I have noticed another flaw with this version. Ready for this..? The 3d Shadow that appears on existing v8/x30 devices on the custom car cursor... For some weird reason, it's now slightly off centre to the actual cursor - that is, more off to one side than the other.

Am I sad or what Embarassed
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought I'd do a full windows backup and then try it... and I cannot get it to connect to any plus services, e.g. traffic or weather. Trying a restore in case something else was the cause.... just a warning to others.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtj70 wrote:
Well I thought I'd do a full windows backup and then try it... and I cannot get it to connect to any plus services, e.g. traffic or weather. Trying a restore in case something else was the cause.... just a warning to others.

We'd need more info than that mate.

What can't connect..? Your device no longer connects to your phone?

Or your phone no longer connects to their servers...

Or your not even using a phone, and we are mis-reading this.

So if you want, give us some extra info, and we can see if we can think of anything.
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd give a quick heads up before anyone else jumped in...

After the upgrade the following were true:

- Could not connect to plus services via Home - Operate device
- Could not connect to plus services via mobile GPRS connection

Deleted and rediscovered the phone and setup the wireless connection but it could not connect to even weather via GPRS. I've currently reverted to v7 but that's not working for traffic either now :-( It says my subscription may have expired which it hasn't.

But I did notice in the TomTom website my device is not listed as 720 with "standard Go 720 software"... maybe they need to update the servers?
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom weather now working.... but traffic "still expired"...
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the current version of home I could use TT Plus Services via the PCs broadband. Now I cannot. It says to connect to a phone first.... a backward step? This includes the free weather.

Anyway I have tried v8 again and now via GPRS weather does work. It does go to try traffic but comes us with the message saying I need a subscription - which I have. I have tried resetting the traffic account with no success.... so this upgrade has broken traffic for me on v8 and v7!!! Or is it just broken this evening?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: