Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Stealth Child locator?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Stealth Child locator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Vehicle Locators & Person or Pet Tracking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ynm_7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Stealth Child locator? Reply with quote

Can someone help please?

Im not even sure if this is the right spot to post this but here goes.....

I am a single father in Eastern Canada, my son, who is 6, will be visiting his mother for a couple weeks this summer on the other side of Canada. She is not the most responsible or trustworthy person on the planet. Im just wondering is there something I can buy to give him like a watch that is stealth and doesnt broadcast that its capabilities. Or maybe something small enough to put inside a teddy bear or lining of a suitcase. He's 6 so a cell phone really isn't an option. In case she decides to try and take off with him, I need a device that will be able to locate where he is... not looking for something to tell me where he's been. I don't really know much about this sort of thing.... do you have to pay a monthly fee? Will the battery last for 2 weeks? I have seen some devices online but am wary of scams. Any recommendations are welcome. Im sorry if my questions are stupid or this is the wrong spot for posting. Thanks in advance for any help.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a mobile phone or radio transmitter being involved this won't work, you need to get the positional data from the device back to another location. Mobile phone is the easy way, but will only give 4 or 5 hours use before it needs recharging so its far from ideal other than using in a car while connected to the power - Mike
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what device you have seen on the internet, but there is no way any standard device give 14 days of battery life.

I think that even tracking devices, which you have to download the data from will only last 3-4 days at most on battery power.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Vehicle Locators & Person or Pet Tracking All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: