Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN510
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pondered this for some time now, mostly because I haven't a clue and was hoping someone would come along and answer it for me. Smile

Honestly you've now got me. If it were me I would now be fiddling with it to try and find a fix about now. There are a couple of others on the forum who may have had this fault them selves and may come up with a answer.

Meanwhile, some things to experiment with:-

Are the maps registered properley with either the device, or SmartST.

Are the maps corrupt in any way, are all the files present. Navman could answer that.

The older devices used to show load up sequence showing the map names as they loaded. If you diddn't see it, it diddn't load properley.

Recheck the preferences before and after a reset.

Is there any way to reload the SD card (!!!last resort!!!).

Re-install it from scratch again. Maybe you missed something.

Ring Navman! Sad

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siddler wrote:

Never have Prefrences show up?.....I select Map and then screen goes grey with a arrow in a circle pointing up...when I push the minus button I have pale green maps show up (Never had maps in colour)

You're not trying to do all this sitting in the middle of the North Sea on an oil rig or something, are you?

I believe a grey background indicates sea. The arrow is pointing North.

I think that your problems have got everybody puzzled. Confused
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into "Settings" (The rnamed thios to Preferences in later versions". Maps - have a look at the list of maps. Firstly , are there any, secondly, are they ticked, and thoridly are they shown in Red (Bad) of Black(Good)

If there are Red, fire up smart St and find the menu option "Recover registration keys" (or something with at least two words meaing sometinhg similar).

Lets know what you find, then we can go a bit further.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siddler wrote:
Never have Prefrences show up?

It's been a long time, but I'm quite sure that Main Menu is spread over two screens -- press "next page" button to go to the next screen. When you find Preferences, check Maps option -- it should contain list of maps you have on your device. If the list is empty than you have none installed, if map names are written in red than maps are installed but not authenticated.

siddler wrote:
.....I select Map and then screen goes grey

If you have a GPS fix in an area for which you have no map, than you will see gray pattern on map screen.

siddler wrote:
with a arrow in a circle pointing up

That circle with arrow is your current position -- it means you have a GPS fix.

siddler wrote:
...when I push the minus button I have pale green maps show up (Never had maps in colour)

Pale green? No idea what that is.

siddler wrote:
When I go to select destination in comes up with "No map data available".

That means that you either have no maps installed on the device, or if they are they are not authenticated (they're not unlocked).

siddler wrote:
I have set the map up under settins to tme sd card for uk map and saved it when I press esc I still get the grey/green map.

Are you talking about the device or PC software?

siddler wrote:
When I open Smartst...It shows that I have the UK and Ireland map in green and states that it loaded on the SD card.

You're talking about PC here, right? Are you sure that you have CD with maps for the correct device?
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
I have pondered this for some time now, mostly because I haven't a clue and was hoping someone would come along and answer it for me. Smile

Honestly you've now got me. If it were me I would now be fiddling with it to try and find a fix about now. There are a couple of others on the forum who may have had this fault them selves and may come up with a answer.

Meanwhile, some things to experiment with:-

Are the maps registered properley with either the device, or SmartST.

Are the maps corrupt in any way, are all the files present. Navman could answer that.

The older devices used to show load up sequence showing the map names as they loaded. If you diddn't see it, it diddn't load properley.

Recheck the preferences before and after a reset.

Is there any way to reload the SD card (!!!last resort!!!).

Re-install it from scratch again. Maybe you missed something.

Ring Navman! Sad
Hi...Managed to borrow a map disk...deleted the maps from the SD card and reloaded the maps....and it worked ok,,,Tell me is the battery located under the PCB...anyway will give it a test in the car but have to make up a lead first 'cos I hard wired it...Thanks for your help and the advise received from all the members that responded...will get back to you after I test it but at the moment think the menus are not the same as the manual Thanks...siddler
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

siddler wrote:
Tell me is the battery located under the PCB.

As I never accually owned a 510 much less needed to take one apart I wouldn't know where the battery is. I can tell you that it's in there somewhere. Wink Whether you'll accually need it or not I would say unlikly, as we said before, it should work fine on mains.

Glad you got it going after it all that, and good luck with your first tests. Any lesser person would have given up by now!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 510 is a rebranded Mitac Mio 169. It is likely to use the same battery as the Mio 169.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi...Managed to borrow a map disk...deleted the maps from the SD card and reloaded the maps....and it worked ok...........will get back to you after I test it but at the moment think the menus are not the same as the manual Thanks...siddler
I had a 510 some time ago. Never took it apart....wouln't have dared Rolling Eyes

I seem to remember there was an upgrade for the software/maps Idea So it could be that you have a version on the discs you borrowed which are not the original - or vice versa and that could account for the menu not being the same as the manual....just a thought.
Let's hope it works OK on the road but I agree with mostdom, if you can get power from the ciggy lighter or hard wire it then you don't need the battery. But, it's in there somewhere Wink
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
siddler wrote:

As I never accually owned a 510 much less needed to take one apart I wouldn't know where the battery is. I can tell you that it's in there somewhere. Wink Whether you'll accually need it or not I would say unlikly, as we said before, it should work fine on mains.

Glad you got it going after it all that, and good luck with your first tests. Any lesser person would have given up by now!
Hi...Thanks for the compliment about lesser person....but you are right I don't give up to easy......Have the Grand children coming for Christmas and have received instructions from the wife to get all the gear off the kitchen table so will continue the Saga after Christmas...The Map is a genuine disk. Thanks all again and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy 2008.

siddler Wink
trapper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostdom wrote:
Quote:
As I never accually owned a 510 much less needed to take one apart I wouldn't know where the battery is. I can tell you that it's in there somewhere. Whether you'll accually need it or not I would say unlikly, as we said before, it should work fine on mains.

I am sure this was not meant to mean 'Mains' as in 240v Exclamation , could be the end of your problems though Exclamation Wink

I did a google search for a replacement battery for my icn510 and got some suppliers, I find a battery useful as I can sit at home/office where ever and 'play' without sitting in a cold car. You can even use it for walks in towns when on holiday so you don't get lost
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
siddler wrote:

Hi all back again.
I have road tested the unit and I am glad to say that it woks ok...also put TT5 on which works ok...once again thanks every one for your help.

siddler
Jonah68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Navman ICN 510 Reply with quote

I too have the issue of not being able to update my device and all the support office could say was buy our new one and get a discount. Damn!
Surely someone out there must have the original CD? I have the device and charger and it turns on okay, BUT it will not find the maps and therefore I think it needs a reinstall. I downloaded from the net a copy of the Smart software and it does the install from that BUT it then says it needs to head off to the Navman website and when it does and I complete the webform it says the SNumber is not valid! Rubbish! They just seem to want to sell me a new one.

Can anyone help me with this?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN 510 Reply with quote

Jonah68 wrote:
I too have the issue of not being able to update my device and all the support office could say was buy our new one and get a discount. Damn!
Surely someone out there must have the original CD? I have the device and charger and it turns on okay, BUT it will not find the maps and therefore I think it needs a reinstall. I downloaded from the net a copy of the Smart software and it does the install from that BUT it then says it needs to head off to the Navman website and when it does and I complete the webform it says the SNumber is not valid! Rubbish! They just seem to want to sell me a new one.

Can anyone help me with this?

Congratulations on resurrecting a four year old thread. Sorry to say, I have moved on to something more reliable and have disposed of my Navman. You might do well to do the same.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: