Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anybody had any success reporting map errors with Teleatlas
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody had any success reporting map errors with Teleatlas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom/TeleAtlas Digital Map Data
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Anybody had any success reporting map errors with Teleatlas Reply with quote

I have reported both wrong road spelling and incorrect road layout in my area 3 to 4 times over the past 12 - 18 months right back to TTN5 and still not rectified, I am finding that previous Navteq maps are more uptodate than tomtoms latest Teleatlas, has anybody had any luck in getting maps updated. Navteq have got the speeling coreect and the road layout (well apart from access) correct
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not recently, but I wouldn't expect anything soon. Maybe they are having trouble getting their little orange camera van through customs.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps its been Tangoed then ? Rolling Eyes [/img]
Millmaag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first bought a sat nav system about three years ago, I found many errors in the TomTom / TeleAtlas maps in my area,. These were partly due to new road building and partly due to some really bizarre layout or routing errors about existing roads or junctions in the map data. I dutifully logged as many as I could find and submitted them via the TomTom website. I have since purchased updated software and maps from TomTom - but not a single one of the errors I took the trouble to report had been corrected in the new maps. To make matters even worse, some major new roads that had been in existence or under construction for years, were also missing from the new maps.

In comparison to virus scanner updates which occur automatically on a daily basis and often within hours of the company becoming aware of a new problem, TomTom map updates are unbelievably tardy and unreliable. I decided never to waste money buying new software or maps from TomTom again. In my experience, over 99% of the road network remains unchanged from year to year and my by now quite dated sat nav software still gets me from A to B in the vast majority of cases. There may come a time I really do need to upgrade - but I will then peruse the vast range of alternative products out there and purchase the one that I like best at that time.

TomTom had an opportunity to lock a satisfied customer into their upgrade program - but blew it. Once bitten, twice shy !

-------------------------

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom/TeleAtlas Digital Map Data All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: