Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrade to Navigator 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade to Navigator 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Upgrade to Navigator 6 Reply with quote

I'm afraid I emailed Tomtom, enquiring about upgrade.
The reply I quote "Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.
Navigator 6 is a completly new product and therefore it will not be an upgrade from earlier versions to Nav 6." Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it's a legally defined contradiction, but your info is at odds with the following statement from here:

Question
How can I update my TomTom Maps?
Answer
TomTom Map Updates
Last year we offered our TomTom GO, NAVIGATOR and MOBILE customers the opportunity to benefit from the Update Programme. From April/May until November 2005 many of our TomTom product owners upgraded to the newest application version and new street level maps.

Introducing a new map update program. Starting in the beginning of the third quarter of 2006, existing TomTom customers will be able to purchase the latest maps at a discount. Each map package also includes free updates to the TomTom software.

TomTom will inform all registered customers via the monthly newsletter when the map update program starts. To receive your notification, register via our website and sign up for your copy of the newsletter. Register here for the TomTom Newsletter.

We recommend that you register on our website and sign up for our newsletter. By this means we can directly inform you about our next releases and updates.

I wouldn't despair just yet. Despite all our enthusiasm, Nav 6 doesn't really exist yet (as a fully released product). TomTom support doesn't know a great deal about products they've supported for years - I'd be grateful they managed to acknowledge Nav 6 exists at this stage!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: