Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - This government has gone mad
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

This government has gone mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: This government has gone mad Reply with quote

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12966646,00.html

What are they going to fine motorist for next.

Get this government out at the next election
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this is the place for political statements.

One thing I would urge every driver to do, though, is to read and understand the rules in the Highway Code about box junctions and the like. I seem them quite regularly being disobeyed in major cities, and such infringements can significantly impair traffic flow. The box junction rules already have penalties behind them that can be enforced.

David
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep we get idiots round here that deliberatly ignore no right hand turn signs and cause potentially dangerous situations as well.

I agree that these fools should be stopped and sorted out.

[rant]
What I dont agree with is Civilians being allocated the job of policing the streets. It will just turn into another one of the council revenue generation schemes again.

What should really be done is that in areas where there are serious traffic issues serious planning should take place. There are a few example round my way where simple common sence would alleviate virtually all the congestion problems.
[/rant]
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree with MikeB.

On one hand it is annoying when ignorant people block intersections, but on the other we don't want the local council being responsible for policing their roads or we will have a camera or traffic warden on every junction.

Of course the government will be trying to sell this to us as a solution to traffic problems, but when have you ever seen the local council do anything to improve traffic flow? New bus lanes (with cameras, naturally), narrowed roads, new turn restrictions, 20 MPH speed limits created, traffic humps installed, traffic lights rephased to slow traffic - the list is endless.

So, will the council want to enforce these traffic laws on behalf of the Police to make traffic move properly or just to make money and penalise the evil car drivers some more. Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: