Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Download the safety camera database for free (legaly)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Download the safety camera database for free (legaly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korndog wrote:
I do subscribe but I'm still confused. So what you are saying is if I obtain the database via POIedit it's not going to be the latest one?
If that is the case it's a shame cos it's hell of a lot easier than unzipping and selecting the files you want then having to copy and paste

POI Edit does not currently support our subcsription database but we're working on it.
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korndog wrote:
I do subscribe but I'm still confused. So what you are saying is if I obtain the database via POIedit it's not going to be the latest one?
If that is the case it's a shame cos it's hell of a lot easier than unzipping and selecting the files you want then having to copy and paste

Yes that's the long and short of it. However I have notice a difference in file from the previous version I downloaded in feb. I have not yet compared them but I will post my findings
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that there is 47kb difference in filesize when converted to csv files. The latest available through poi edit being larger by 47kb from the feb one. 47kb could indicate many alterations/additions. Confusing. Though I have not yet done a comparison to determine the changes. I am sure someone said poiedit contained only the last free version which is the reaon I am confused because of the difference in filesize. 8O
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dead easy test. count how many points there are in the files and compare them to the january download. they're clearly one and the same.

maybe the 47k difference is because of teh speech marks that POIEdit adds when it converts the files that the PGPSW files don't have?

MaFt
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
dead easy test. count how many points there are in the files and compare them to the january download. they're clearly one and the same.

maybe the 47k difference is because of teh speech marks that POIEdit adds when it converts the files that the PGPSW files don't have?

MaFt

That's basicaly what I thought at first .But I quickly realised that could be the case as I had poiedit convert them to csv's. the file diff is after conversion. So in theory the filesize would be the same between jan and feb but its not. there is a diff of 47k.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davejh wrote:
That's basicaly what I thought at first .But I quickly realised that could be the case as I had poiedit convert them to csv's. the file diff is after conversion. So in theory the filesize would be the same between jan and feb but its not. there is a diff of 47k.

I can 100% guarantee that the files have not been updated. I am the person that performs the update to the site.

If it really does cause you so many issues I am quite happy to remove them...
cleggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: pay for em Reply with quote

cant see the problem really
its like everything else if you wanted a loaf of bread or bottle of milk you would have to pay.
so be honest and if you want the database pay.

its not much to say how much work goes into supplying the latest database ready for you to install easy.

or if you want it free drive all over uk and make your own database ,it would only cost you a few grand

i know what i would do

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: