Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham Launch the Bluemedia BM6380 PNA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham Launch the Bluemedia BM6380 PNA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdj1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI There,

A friend of mine has one of these, does anyone know if you can get acccessories for it yet, he needs another windshield mount?

Mark
GC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: I'm confused about the maps Reply with quote

folks,

The Evesham BlueMedia BM6380 looks perfect for the price but I’m confused about the maps that come with it.

I assume that full UK&I street maps are supplied on the 256Mb SDRAM card supplied with the unit?

Is there then a full European street level map supplied on an accompanying CD that can be downloaded to another spare SDRAM?

I wish the product description was clear. Can any of you that have already bought one, please help?

Ta

GC
trueblue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm confused about the maps Reply with quote

GC wrote:
folks,

The Evesham BlueMedia BM6380 looks perfect for the price but I’m confused about the maps that come with it.

I assume that full UK&I street maps are supplied on the 256Mb SDRAM card supplied with the unit?

Is there then a full European street level map supplied on an accompanying CD that can be downloaded to another spare SDRAM?

I wish the product description was clear. Can any of you that have already bought one, please help?

Ta

GC

From my experience purchasing the unit from makro. There were two different packages one with just the UK/I maps and the european pack with the, suprisingly enough, european maps. Bearing in mind that the UK/I map takes up 186Mb on the 256Mb card I would assume that the europe maps would be on a CD that could be loaded seperately via a sd card. hope this helps.

Steve
BlueMedia 6380
crimisus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bluemedia 3680 'European model' comes with UK&I preinstalled on a 256mb sd card and two cd-roms with the European mapping.

Disc-1 contains street level mapping for Benelux-89.8mb- (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg), Denmark- Norway- Sweden-147mb-, Finland-114mb-, Germany-227mb- and also the major roads of Europe-130mb- (for seamless cross-border navigating). This disk also contains the Destinator software (this auto runs ready for installation when the cd is inserted) that allows for easy map installation/uninstallation, downloading of favourites/poi's, and map cutting. The full manual is also on this disk.

Disc-2 contains the Alps-97mb- (Switzerland and Austria), France-217mb-, Greece-7.1mb-, Iberia-109mb- (Spain and Portugal), Italia-196mb- and UK&I-128mb-.

At the very least I would recommend two 256mb sd cards one for uk and one for European map/s that will be in immediate use or better still one 512mb card. A 1gb or 2gb card (as I have) is the better option (leave out the major roads data as cross-border navigation is no problem with all of the maps installed).

Hope that this fills your void.

C.
crimisus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, typing error, the above should read, 'Bluemedia BM6380'.

C.
Wroey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the BM6300 and am buying my girlfriend teh BM6380 for Christmas. Is there anything I should do with the CD's before I wrap it, i.e. to "upgrade/update" my version.

I'd like to do a simple swap but I think she'd notice! Laughing
mdj1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on accessories for the 6380? i need an additional holder

Mark
welshgaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: transfer maps and apps to smartphone / pda Reply with quote

I have a T-Mobile MDA Vario (WM 5.0)info here and want to put this program onto it from this unit. I've got all of the discs etc and a 512Mb mini sd card and of course a bluetooth receiver.

Can I run destinator on my MDA Vario?

Thanks
WelshGaz
geth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest makro version for #175+ sounds great, but the news letter does say european maps included or did i get it wrong Crying or Very sad geth

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: