Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hair-Loss For Bluetooth GPS PLEASE HELP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hair-Loss For Bluetooth GPS PLEASE HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wigwamclan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Hair-Loss For Bluetooth GPS PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Hello people,i'm a brandnewie to all this an' wasn't too sure if this was the correct category to post in so please bare with me an' accept my apologies for any ignorance i display unwittingly.
I've just bought an xda2i and a cpit-gps model no. gp-27. When i search for the device in bluetooth manager it finds it and connects but only for approx' 30 seconds, but the main problem seems to be when i try to set the com ports an pair the devices. in the litrature that accompanied the cpit-gps it states "set up outbound com port to be 8, yet this seems impossible to do!
When I then try to pair the devices i'm asked for a passkey which i enter, only to recieve the "Authentification Failed" with the details; waiting for device and authentification failed!!?
Please help as i've been attempting to rectify this problem now for five days and i intended to use the device as a gps for my trip to France which starts tomorrow
Hopefully

Tim Riding
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget the lituature the com port you need for the xda2i is com 6

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
bettsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From one newbie to another as the responses seem to be a bit slow on this site, try passkey 0000 it seems to be a common one.....good luck!
pools
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Hi.
I got the same problem with both the same gps/pocketpc
When i try to set up the pair, it asks me for a pin code. And i dont know what to enter, moreover in this screen it is impossible to pass trough without to enter a pin code Sad

So Bettsy, when you said "When I then try to pair the devices i'm asked for a passkey which i enter" , which passe key do you enter at this moment?

Thanks for your reply.

Thierry
sholto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello the pass key should be 000000

I have got this from the online user guide downloaded from the makers website.

here is the makers support page. Click Here!
super_sonic_ace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: hi i got the same problem Reply with quote

hi i just bought the cpit -gps 27 and i cant get it to connect with my 6680, its saying unable to use passkey or sutmhing .... but im using 00000 witch is the one in manaul ? what could of happend here .? if any one has solevd this or n e suggestions post! also i have trying linking it wiht my pc trried virous staterd passkey non work but it does allow me to connect with out one.
super_sonic_ace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed the problem if u need help just add me on msn super_sonic_ace@hotmail.com
super_sonic_ace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again Laughing Out Loud ive had sooo many pp asking for my help in this problem.... so here it is...(so u dont havwe to email me any more)
GPS CPIT GP-27
This GPS was created without protection code (if bought after 10 July 2005) to solve several issues existing between the several Nemerix GPS receivers on sale, and the bluetooth devices containing the navigation software. So don't try to pair the GPS with your PDA or smartphone.
Details:
RED LED : Working status (red light always standing on)
GREEN LED : GPS signal status (slow flashing: no GPS signal available – fast flashing: GPS signal available)
BLUE LED : Bluetooth connection status (fast flashing: no devices connected – slow flashing: the GPS receiver is trying to make a connection with a Bluetooth device – blue light standing on: Bluetooth connection activated)
GPS configuration with TomTom Mobile 5 and Route 66:
•  Turn on the GPS receiver and wait until it catches the signal (the green led must flash fastly). The blue led flashes fast too (no devices connected).
•  Run TomTom Mobile 5
1.•  Execute: Menu Change Preferences Show GPS status Configure Choose Other Bluetooth GPS and Select.
2.•  Now we need to find the cpit-GPS. Start to search Bluetooth devices (if in the start you see no devices persist until you see the GPS device), choose cpit-GPS, then select it and press Done. Exit the program. While your exit you should see the blue led flashing on. The pairing is done.
3.•  Then (and for the following times) execute only the steps 1) and 2) and just wait till the blue led flashes slowly (if your device ask you the protection code, ignore it) . Follow then the step 3) and choose the cpit-GPS already standing in the list; the blue light will turn always on without flashing and you should see the GPS signal shown on the display.
For the navigation program Route 66 Mobile follow the step 1), run the program and choose cpit-GPS as default GPS devide. Restart the program and it's done. The following times the connection will be automatic.
For the other devices the procedure should not be much different.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: