Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin E-Map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin E-Map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisgd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Garmin E-Map Reply with quote

Hi

Well this is all new to me, only had my garmin e-map for a couple of weeks, never used a GPS before. Know I’m not sure if the e-map is the one for me.

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to configure my e-map to take other maps apart from mapsource, such as AutoRoute, I’m looking for something that will give me more info such as “take next left" that sort of thing.

Many thanks

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Garmin E-Map Reply with quote

Hi Chris, unfortunately not. Garmin will only allow their own MapSource to be downloaded to the Garmin handheld receivers. What you could do however is if you have a PDA, or are looking to purchase one, you could hook the eMap up to this and utilise a whole host of different maps.

For instance if you purchased a Pocket PC which has the most options available, you could pick a new Dell up for around £235 and this would give you the option of running Sreet Routing Applications like TomTom Navigator 2, PowerLOC Destinator 2TomTom CityMaps, TomTom RoutePlanner and a whole host of Topographical map software like Memory-Map 2003 CE, Fugawi CE, OziExplorer CE and tons more applications.

You could still use the eMap as it is in standalone mode when you wanted to, but you would get so much more use out of the eMap in my opinion. If you were looking to do something like this you can purchase a cable from PC-Mobile for around £20.
Chrisgd
Occasional Visitor

Dave

Many thanks for the reply,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: