Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Metroguide Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Metroguide Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PegSneggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Metroguide Problems Reply with quote

I have just bought an etrex Legend and Mapsource Metroguide Europe (which I have upgraded to version 4.13).

When I have created a route, if I then look at the route properties, I will see the waypoints I created and, in addition, automatically generated navigation instructions.

Let's put some numbers to this. My route contains 5 waypoints and Metroguide has generated 8 lines of navigation instructions (13 lines of route property data in all).

When I download this to the GPS, all 13 lines are delivered. When I then look at the route on the GPS, it appears to have 13 waypoints.

In reality my routes have more than 5 waypoints. I generated one with 32 today. When this was delivered to the GPS the 50 waypoint maximum for one route was exceeded (because of these navigation instructions) and it had stopped recording the download at the 50 maximum point. So my route was cut short.

It seems there is no way to stop Metroguide from generating these instructions; they can't be deleted from the route properties and I can't prevent their delivery during the download and there appears to be nothing in 'Preferences' to restrain them.

Is it me??? Or can I really only use this software/hardware combination with routes of 20 waypoints or less?

Any Ideas

Mike Wood

PegSneggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Metroguide Problems Reply with quote

I phoned Garmin this morning, who gave me the answer.

In the Mapsource program select: Edit, Preferences, Autorouting. Choose 'Direct Route' in the 'Calculation Style' section.

Following that, recalculate your route and all the 'directional waypoints' disappear. No more clutter.

Mike Wood
Darren
Frequent Visitor

I'm glad to here that Garmin's support is still as good as it used to be when I had one, I called them to enquire as to the cost of a replacment antenna for my SPIII and they kindly sent one out to me FOC!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: