Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Map Pilot 2016/2017 (Garmin)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Map Pilot 2016/2017 (Garmin)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewpecoraro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Mercedes Map Pilot 2016/2017 (Garmin) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Mercedes C Class (2017 plate) without any premium packages, and it uses Map Pilot 2016/2017 (Garmin).

I have looked through the forums but cannot find any instructions to add the speed camera software to my system.

Can somebody please advise me as to how I can add the cameras to my system please? Mercedes C Class is an extremely popular car, so I expect a lot of people are going to experience the same problem.

Best regards,

Matthew
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I don't have to search the web for the handbook for your car, does it say anything about importing POIs into the device. If so, what?
If it's Garmin based we can help as long as there is a way of getting the file into the car's system.
matthewpecoraro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: unable to locate 'import POIs' Reply with quote

From what I can see https://mans.io/item/Garmin/Map-Pilot-for-Mercedes-Benz I can't find a guide to import the POIs. Does anybody know of a way to do this please? Sorry for having posted twice.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried posting on the MBClub site ?

I know they try and use third party POI's over there and the bonus is they all have Mercs
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
md1ncb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot Reply with quote

Did anybody find the solution to Matthews query? I can't find my sat nav (Garmin Map Pilot 2016/2017 Mercedes) on the list of supported sat navs and the poi file doesn't want to unzip.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been following THIS thread? And is anything relevant?
md1ncb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I can't see anything that helps me. The Garmin POI loader doesn't recognise the SD card so I've tried dragging and dropping the speedcam folder into the POI folder on the card but it doesn't recognise my local friendly camera.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case use POILoader to send the GPI file to anywhere on your PC and then copy/paste the GPI to the SD card.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

md1ncb wrote:
so I've tried dragging and dropping the speedcam folder into the POI folder on the card but it doesn't recognise my local friendly camera.
That won't work, because all the Garmin needs is the *.GPI file that POILoader produces. The rest of the sh*t isn't needed on the Garmin.
slow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: https://www.pocketnavigation.de/pois/garmin-map-pilot-merced Reply with quote

Hello All, I have been following this subject for a year or so, all the suggestions and fixes are relevant, it seems to me that they are in the wrong order. Click on the subject line

https://www.pocketnavigation.de/pois/garmin-map-pilot-mercedes-blitzer/

or go to the German Site, Use Google Chrome and you should get a translate page option. I have used this site and it works fine for me. The database is PoiBase and you download the camera locations to your computer in a file, then copy and paste the file into the Garmin SD card POI folder; The instructions to remove Chinese characters is all there, There is a subscription for the database and it does work. There is a help by email line and Tobias is very knowledgeable. Good Luck
Chris.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: